My Fast GTi banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo finally going to the dmv three times and wasting 7hrs in total, i finally got my car registered.

The only down thing is that now i have the correct tags on my car. I need to mount the front license plate, because virginia is gay and by law ur meant to have one slapped on the front of ur [insert beautifully designed is its a GTI] car, where more than likely the designers had no intention of seeing a sheet of metal screw into their master piece.

Getting to the point....how have ya'll attacted ur license plate.

I met a guy who suggest using this plastic Velcro and attaching it when u get a ticket. He says when u get a ticket its jus a work order, once u put the plate on ur in the clear. I'm not so sure bout that...im still assuming u gotta fork over sum $$$$$

im not really inclined to drill two holes into the bumper, incase i am fortunate enough to move somewhere they are kinder to the their cars.

there is the zip tie method, but that would require covering up the intercooler, not a fan of either....

neway, jus wanna hear ya'lls suggestions or solutions. Pics would be appreciated

·
Registered
747 Posts
I got my car from a dealer in Alexandria and there already was a plastic plate holder on it...not sure...maybe your dealer would do it for you.
Does your car not have drill holes in the front for a plate?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the bracket to attach the plate too. but the bracket still needs to be screwed/drilled to the front bumper

·
Registered
857 Posts
At the dealership, when someone brings their car in to have front plates mounted, we drill four holes into the front bumper. Some people decide to leave the front one off, even though it's technically required.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i dont have any holes right now...and i would prefer not to make any :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts