Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this kid wants to race me for $500. He has a 98' Honda EX with a H22 swap, hondatta, intake, exhaust stage 2 clutch and flywheel and its slammed on the ground. My MKV GTI has Giac chip, evo motorsports intake, neuspeed shortshift kit, koni coilovers, y-pipe delete kit, ghl 3" exhaust. Who WINS??????????

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Hmm... The Civic EX weighs about 2,500 lbs. and the H22 engine is putting out about 190 HP and 158 lbs. ft of torque.

The GTI weighs about 3,100 with your GIAC.. let's put it about 240 (just a estimate)...

i know your HP should be higher... but his car weighs almost 1000 pounds less. It would be a though race.

·
Registered
106 Posts
H22 can be a beast if properly tuned... and considering he has Hondata... it most likely is... I'd say you guys are running similiar numbers HP wise... obviously you're going to killl him on Torque... I really think it will be a close race... I'm just wondering if he's had any interior weight removed... If you've got 500 bucks to spare, go for it... but if money is a bit tight, i'd say screw that, you might just get taken badly.

·
Registered
687 Posts
My buddy has a H22 integra, and I'll take him anyday of the week. His Hondata only works somtimes, that how crappy it is (My APR always works!!!!;) )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts