Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any info on these? I know the evo 8 keeps up with the murcielago at the track but has anyone here raced an evo8?

·
Registered
193 Posts
GTiJorgeGTi said:
271 hp at 6500 rpm. it would rap the gti. im sry i have mine pushing 250 hp. raced the evo 9. it was one sided on his part
how bad did he stomp you.......... and are u sure it was stock?

·
Registered
635 Posts
why is this thread even here...there is no way..and most EVO owners mod their cars even more..and its no too bad of a price to mod one...no matter what it would rape a GTI

·
Registered
230 Posts
my dad used to have an STi and he could keep up with porsche 911 twin turbo's 997's...and the Evo has more power than the STi...its a fucking beast just like kryptonkid said

·
Registered
230 Posts
hmmm, i coulda sworn i remembered reading in Car or somewhere it had more power (at least the Evo X, but now that i looked it up apparently it has less than the new STi also)...guess i was wrong, my mistake

but the new STi is an ugly car, just doesn't do it for me

·
Registered
230 Posts
wow, that is an incredible price spike, when my dad sold the STi he sold it to a 17 year old for 27k (he only had it for around a year), thats less than my GTi cost

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
gtispas88 said:
Any info on these? I know the evo 8 keeps up with the murcielago at the track but has anyone here raced an evo8?
that was the fq430 eddition... it has 430hp hah. definitly not really a stock 300hp evo hah.

·
Registered
230 Posts
apparently sources have leaked that Mitsubishi's DSG is going to be better than VW's...at least VW is a company that sticks to making cars...

·
Registered
137 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:
Totally different class. It's a beast. Really nice car. I would want one if it weren't so small in the front.
I totally agree with you. I want a EVO8 or 9 over a gti anyday, but i cant fit in it confortably and I dont have $32000 to spend either. I guess i just have to settle for a $25000 GTI instead.............. [fish] "settle"...........anyone get that?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I didn't see anywhere in the "World" yes I mean in the World" that anywhere in any magazine or reviews that gives the EVO "The car of the year" award like the GTI did. Please, just horse power doesn't mean anything!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts