Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got to flex my new muscle sooner than I thought. I was just on my way to visit the lady and I was on Rt. 50 east past 495 (that long straight stretch). I was in the far left lane that was merging to the right in about 1500 feet (maybe less, I don't really remember). Anyways, a modded out late 90's model BMW 325 pulled up next to me. We were doing about 80mph. He floors it, I dropped mine into 4th and shifted back up to 6th. I won just at the very end where the lanes merged. He must have been pissed cuz I slowed it down after beating him cuz there were other cars around at that point. He proceeds to still floor it and weave in and out of traffic. Gives a whole new meaning to "tucking your tail and running." I like to test my car's limits, but I'm not stupid about it by endangering other driver's lives. BTW, my top speed on that was 142mph and I was still climbing O0

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm guessing it was a BMW 325. It was definitely a BMW but I didn't catch the numbers cuz I was never behind him >:D

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GTiJorgeGTi said:
You have a fast car, im suprised you didnt just make him disapear within 5 sec's.
I would have if it was off the line, but we were going 80 already in 6th gear. In a situation like that, I always wait to see if they're gonna engage in a sprint (it pisses them off even more when I win cuz they know they had the jump on me and they still lost). There's also the 1 second it takes to drop the gear from 6th to 4th. At 80mph, you're only going to want to stay in 4th for 1 second because after 5000rpm's, the torque and boost trail off.

lol, he was pissed though. You could just tell. Most people, after having a go, usually wave or make some gesture...this guy just 'tucked tail' and ran away cryin'.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, I forgot to mention. I had about 70lbs of stuff in my trunk. A jack, jack stands, tool box, and my 12" subwoofer....which reminds me, I gotta take a pic of that and post it. It's a pretty sweet setup.

·
Registered
635 Posts
for me the older beamers arent much only the M but the new ones well the 335 are something to fear..other than that..I wouldnt be suprised they would get beat

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
kylmos said:
for me the older beamers arent much only the M but the new ones well the 335 are something to fear..other than that..I wouldnt be suprised they would get beat
:eek: Think 1-series with the twin turbo motor, due in N.A. in '08. :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it was a 325 (again, I didn't see the numbers in the rear), it's got 189hp stock. It was definitely turbo'd and intercooled and had a loud exhaust. Who knows what else he threw on it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally found a picture of the BMW model I went up against. It was an early 2000's 530i. I figured out why I didn't roast him. My REVO stage II program went into stock settings after I had to reset the ecu after one of my silicone hoses came loose. I'm getting it reflashed tomorrow and I'm definitely buying the SPS Select Plus after finding this out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts