Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
views and opinions on the tl type s vs our mkvs just curious didnt see it here and its some what in a category thats near us. what do you guys think in race, dig, roll, quarter mile, luxury and convenience lets here it all.

·
Registered
635 Posts
you would kick the TSX's ass it has 200 horses but only 142lbs of torque however the TL type S will hand your ass to you in a very nicely presented package with a 'lil pink bow on top since it just raped da crap outta you!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know in hp we get handed but it is a fairly heavy car. with what its in the same price range as the evo and sti. its still a fwd with n/a how many mods and which ones for you think it would take to own the s type?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kylmos said:
chip exhaust and intake, that should be all thats needed
I thought that would be about it i still wanna get one to run with me light to light just for the hell of it. i always see a couple around here there real mean looking with that quad exaust and the charcoal rims

·
Registered
635 Posts
yeah i mean you'll lose but it will be hella fun I went to nopi one year and me and my friend drag raced in front of like a thousand people me and my tricked out cougar and his new EVO and he said he would let me win and he did and everyone after the race was like holy shit it was hilarious

·
Registered
635 Posts
yeah it had about 230 horses was about to get it turboed then i totalled it and nearly died lol so now I have a A6 quattro soon to get a GTI

·
Registered
129 Posts
Guys, this is 2 different cars. If you going to compare cars at the very least try to compare cars that are similar not completely different! [fish] 8)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I thought I'd give an update to this older thread...I'll get to my point in one sec...:)
Yesterday, I met up with my buddy on the road with his '07 TL-S. He's got it lowered with TEIN springs - really nice. I've got an '08 MKV, 6SPD, Revo STG I - pump 94. Light turns green and immediately I pull in front. Mind you I did hear his tires spinning quite a bit. So, I put it in second and I pull out even further. I can't tell how many car lengths but he wasn't far off my tail as I could hear him clearly. Pretty much from 0 to 80 km/h I remained in front! I wasn't looking down at my speedo but I guess around 80 he started catching up but just when he got to my rear wheels he had to let off because there was a car in front. I slow down and let him pull along side for some rolling starts and he's like afraid to go at it again! I think he was shocked. Later that night he tells me my GTI sounded amazing (stock intake and exhaust) and that he could see my exhaust pipes! Now I know I was in front. I think if it wasn't for that car he probably would have gained on me and won, but, I had another gear so you never know.

Some interesting points, he's got like 286 horses, he weighs less than me (makes a difference) and he didn't have his spare tire in the car. Me on the other hand, I'm 6'2, 350lbs +, I've got my monster mats installed for the winter and I've got my regular mats in the trunk! Plus I've got my spare!

He desparately wants to race me again. You know what the kicker is? I just got off the phone with his brother and he told him the race was "nose to nose". What the f!&k?
At no point did he even pull along side me during the race. Next time I'll pull my spare out, plus all my crap and we'll see how much of a nose to nose race it is.

Down to my point...the '07+ TL-S is an amazing car but any GTI with even a mild tune should have no problem beating it light to light.
[hail vw]

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
yup agreed!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2010 mk6 that's what I traded in my 07 TL-S for. The VW gti is an imazine car lot of fun to drive, but to compare in between the power there is no way the stock GTI could beat a tl-s unless the gti was heavily mod. And if you want to talk about technology wise Acura cars line will give you the most technology for your money compare to All German made cars. Well the bottem line is , I love my mk6 GTI and missed my TL-s dearly. I've got a big plan for my mk6 so let wait and see.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
2010 mk6 that's what I traded in my 07 TL-S for. The VW gti is an imazine car lot of fun to drive, but to compare in between the power there is no way the stock GTI could beat a tl-s unless the gti was heavily mod.
If the Tl s didn't weigh 3800 pounds I'd be more inclined to believe you

1 - 20 of 20 Posts