My Fast GTi banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
they look like the "fake" xeonon lamps? other than thats are they not similar to stock?

I dont think there is much wrong with the standard lights i kinda wish i got Xeonon's with my Fast now but im not all that botherd.

·
Registered
857 Posts
to be honest, i really think that the stock headlights look awesome, i don't know if it's worth the money to get new ones

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not to be picky, but the original headlights on the NA GTI are xenon's, which are HID's. Why would you want to change those??

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just have stock lights + bulbs im pretty happy! just change the bulbs for brighter / white light ones here... not really worth ?900 in my opinion for Xeonons just attracts more moths in the dark ::)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont get me wrong i love the hids but i like the angel eye headlights. Not sure on what im doing yet. First i have to save for my Apr turbo back exhaust then between the Revo or the Apr chip.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
K big question... putting Polarg bulbs into all sockets. HyperWhite beauty.. what i want to do is get the orange reflector out of the housing for my HID's, for the turn signal, it can be hyper white like its brothers... Do the HID's come apart? So I can access the orange reflector?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
heyyyyyyy...
Yeah, the STANDARD, stock oem headlights are already bi-xenon lamps. It doesn't get any better than that folks.

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
i like the stock set up. i just wish the housing was black instead of silver. thats the only mod i would do. in my previous car i "baked" the headlights, took em apart, and painted the insides black. it was a pretty sweet mod. im a little afraid to do the same to thease, as they are very expensive if i brake something. maybe in the summer time, i will attemp the same. till then, they are sweet.

looked into those angel eye ones. if i had standard lights, i would tottally swap em out. the angel eyes are not xenons though, so the loss of night time visibility is not worth the added cool looks of the inferior lights. now, if someone took the angel eye housing, and swapped the stock hid components in there, that would be very nice. they should come up with a kit like that. i wouldnt mind giving that a try.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
That would definately be pretty cool zeonic. Hopefully someone does that in the near future.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
talkin bout angel eyes....i was searching on ebay jus for mkv found an set, looked dodgy though attachment used 3m tape

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
Been done.. Pics on page 1 of thread. DIY on page 3. It's quite a task tho.. good luck to anyone insane enough to attempt this

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17873&page=3&highlight=blacked+headlights
damn. that is a bit more complex then the last set i blacked out. it is soooooo much easier to do with heat sensitive sealent. no need to bend the plastic itself. the outcome is so sweet though. maybe, just maybe i might attempt this if i got a day to kill and have nothing better to do. best bet is to pick up a set from ebay cheap and attempt this on it. that way if you brake it, you still have the originals in the car. thanks for the find bcruzin.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts