My Fast GTi banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove by a dealer in Chicago yesterday and saw this Smart Car in their window. The owner is cool and liked my GTI but the weather was not good for going fast. He did agree to race me as soon as the weather clears.
Its gonna be hilarious!

My phone didn't take good pics but this is his website. www.WindyCitySmartCar.com

What do you guy's think? Do i have a chance? Ha Ha Ha!

·
Registered
556 Posts
If he's done some mods to it, then maybe. If he's stock, you better bet you'll win.

I've seen a heavily modded one beat a couple Ferrari's, but odds are, the guy you're gonna race didn't gut it and drop a motorcycle engine in it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I love that car. I have wanted one since I first saw it in Germany 7 years ago. I can't believe they are finally coming to the US. I would definitely roll in one of those. Of course I would make some modifications, but it's a pretty cool car stock.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It is pretty cool, but not for the price. I saw somewhere that the price is a few thousand ABOVE the Rabbit pricing. Not sure though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The "grey market" Smart cars around here are starting at $28,000. You can pick one up in Canada for a starting price of $16,700, though it's only diesel an a whopping 40hp (19.8 sec 0-100km/h.) The European Brabus model gets a raging 74hp and rockets from 0 to 100km/h in 12.3sec. The best model is the now discontinued Smart Brabus Roadster. Uber cool. O0

·
Registered
2 Posts
the only smart cars ive seen beating ferraris were the one tuned by brabus. i dont know if they are going to send the smart roadster stateside or not but it looks pretty cool for a smart car. but smart cars only top out at 60 mph over here in germany so i dont think you racing him will be worth it at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts