Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so this yellow MKIV pulled up on me and i knew this guy wasnt stock cus i could tell he had an exhaust and a BOV so i was like ok for a laugh so i drop it in 2nd and floor it and all of a sudden the guy is like 4 cars ahead of me... he pulled back and i did thumbs up to him and called good race and the guy flipped me off, it wasnt even a race really, i dropped it in 2nd at 20 mph by the time he was flooring it and we only got up to 50mph...ive seen him out on wanamaker a few more times now and my friends older brother just got a MKIV and apparently he knows this guy...the MKIV's mods are this:CAI, new turbo, chip, exhuast, BOV and here's mine: 0

why do fellow GTi owners have to hate????

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
there are jus some who are not worthy to own a GTI....he would b one of those.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Damn..... I just don't get that...the only hate from another v-dub'r I have ever witnessed was from a vw bus owner who had it in for anything watercooled.

What a prick.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
If he put in a big turbo you're gonna need a bit more than that to put him down! ;D

But hey, I like your attitude anyway!

Juice your Fast, take him to the track and spank him for all MKV's!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i raced a MKIV GTi will full body kit and upgraded turbo. donno the other mods but sounded like exhaust and intake as well... by the way i won :D haha. it was not a huge huge turbo upgrade but it was definitly upgraded. the spooling noise was insanely loud.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
my friend doesnt have an exhaust yet and honestly up until about 80mph we are pretty even. but after that it looks like i just hit the nitrous and he is gone hahaha.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
GTfly said:
i raced a MKIV GTi will full body kit and upgraded turbo. donno the other mods but sounded like exhaust and intake as well... by the way i won :D haha. it was not a huge huge turbo upgrade but it was definitly upgraded. the spooling noise was insanely loud.
That's interesting....when I finished breaking my baby in I raced one of my buddies in his MKIV. He was blown up though, suspension, big turbo, manifold, fmic, intake, exhaust, fuel system, brakes, short shifter...the list goes on.

We did a whole bunch of runs at the Long Beach Airport...(don't ask)....there were no planes harmed!!
We did 2-3 digs, rolling 20 & 40 a few times. It was more for me to get the feel of my car than anything because he killed me every single time. Yeah...I do mean killed.

You know, now that I think about it, I should hit him up for a re-match and see how I do now, I really don't think I can take him...but it would be a crap-load closer. I need a video camera too, words are kinda weak. >:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
I love both the MkIV and the MkV I got an MkIV because it's what I could afford. There are a few MkIV's in my town, and some MkV's I've never raced any of them though I'm all stock for now. I have raced a buddy of mine who has an MkIV but it dosn't have a turbo he does have exhaust and a short shifter. I beat him by a fairly decent amount, it's amazing what a difference a turbo will make yay for VW. I did have an incidence where I was on a highway and I say a red lined honey comb grill and though ooooo! We can have fun. But he seemed to have no interest in play and proceeded to burn me severely and then went on to pass ever other car ahead of us. This was before I had my RD so I was a little timid on speeding but he seemed to have no problem I sorta tried to catch up I got to about 90-95 but didn't dare go any faster and I couldn't come close to him. Money is everything isn't it :-\ darn...

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
rock, paper, scissors only...is only necessary in a tie.

sorry, mayb next time

·
Registered
137 Posts
I always liked the 4's but not enough to buy one, now.........the 5 is totally something else. I do have to say that some people are just asses. I always give a wave or a thumbs up when i race because it is all in fun and not in"i showed that mother-fucker up!" I hate people like that. A month ago or so i raced a Mustang GT 2007 and i won in my toyota truck. I just waved and the girl smiled real big and gave me a huge thumbs up! Now the other guy in the passenger seat was still in shock and just looked at me with mouth wide open............ ;D >:D >:D >:D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts