Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother has a 2006 Gt Mustang and he wants to race me so we are going to take it on the highway. He will take me off the line but in the long run i think i got him. What do you's think.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Re: MKV Gti v.s GT Mustang

i think that the GT will beat the GTI, it is definately a faster car, but in terms of build quality i think the GTI wins. I've been in both and the GTI just feels like a nicer car. i might be a bit biased though because im not a fan of American cars.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Dont get me wrong i drove my bros Gt 6spd and it got balls. Losts of torque but it is American and its rear wheel drive which helps off the line but in rain,sleet,snow and etc forget it. I would any day take my fast over the stang and day.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

I would never in a million years buy a rear-wheel-drive car here in Canada. The choice is front-wheel-drive or Quattro. My dad's A6 Quattro with ESP and a set of bridgestone blizzaks drives like a dream on a foot of snow. It's fun to drift around residential streets on the snow and have complete control.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I bet you dont see any muscle cars by you. I used to have a camaro and drove it home in the snow from work. It usually take me 15min to get home with about 4 inches it took me 1:45. Rear weel cars suck.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

A lot of rich people here who buy muscle cars/convertibles for summer. Must be nice to have a summer and a winter car.

·
Registered
128 Posts

i had an rx8 (rwd) i didnt bother driving it in the snow. i couldnt even get it out of the parking lot if there was more then a dusting.

as far as the GT mustang, i went against a conv. gt, and it was tight the entire time, i had to back off because his lane ended and i didnt want him to crash. if it was a true race from quarter mile i dont know, he probably would have taken it..i am not sure if he knew how to drive or the fact that it was a conv. and an automatic

·
Registered
206 Posts

Thalo said:
A lot of rich people here who buy muscle cars/convertibles for summer. Must be nice to have a summer and a winter car.
We get very little snow here in Belgium in the winter. So I actaully would drive my GTI the whole year with the same set of tires.

·
Registered
79 Posts

If your brother knows how to drive he will beat you. Sorry, as much as I love my GTI a 05/06 Mustang GT is faster. I have owned 4 Mustangs over the years. In fact I almost bought a Mustang 06 GT before deciding on the GTI instead. Anyway, if you do decide to race him don't bet any money on it. For the person that asked if a GTI will smoke a regular (V6 Mustang) ... yes, I believe it will.

·
Registered
556 Posts

Cool, cause I know this jackass that needs to get beat, and he drives a stock mustang.

Also, good choice in picking the GTI. >:D

·
Registered
556 Posts

I can take it out any time I want. Just slam into it, with good torque action.

I just want to know if I can BEAT it.

(just a pun, I already know the answer)

·
Registered
91 Posts

GTfly said:
i bet if you get the Revo chip you will be able to take out the mustang GT
any ideas on actual numbers here....if so, I may need a revo....TONS of GTs around me....always beating me :p

·
Registered
18 Posts

I have the APR chip and I have beaten two Mustang GTs... The GT will keep ahead by the hood at the punch but that might be my slow response to let off the clutch. The GT really shines in 4th gear but GTI seems to really kick at third giving an advantage as 4th gear really shines for the Fast too.

Automatic Mustangs are no problem but the 6-speeds can make for a good race. I've won two and lost 1 thus far. Just make sure that you have a nice stretch of road b/c you might not get such good results off the line...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I beaten a 97 gt mustang but still waiting to race my brothers 06 mustang gt 5speed

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

i raced a basic V6 mustang today. once from a dead stop and then from a 30mph start. on the first race he beat me off the line but once i hit 3rd gear i sailed by him. when we did the 30mph race he has simply no chance >:D.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

I'm headin' down to Florida next month, gonna be renting a V6 Mustang (just cause I wanted a convertible!). Will report how it compares.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts