My Fast GTi banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
you can get the VW body kit... from the VW factory.. it makes it look stock still some-what but gives it a nice agressive cleaner look to it... and no more black plastic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there a website for the vw factory store? or do I need to go to the dealership and ask. Do you know how much they would cost?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here is a really simple kit its made by Oettinger. Pretty nice if your looking for something simple. The only thing is that you would have to order it from them and have someone install the kit for you, unless your that handie man and can do it yourself.

Oettinger Kit

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Looks nice, but another kit that makes you have to put down 1200 for the quad-tip exhaust.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, the oettinger kit looks good. The VW ground effects kit costs around $1500, just to replace the plastic parts with real ones, and adding a small lip to the front. Thing is I dont really want to get a whole new quad exhaust to fit some of these body kits, for example the rieger kit. I might have to mix and match with rear valences so I can keep my stock exhaust but make the body cool at the same time.

any ideas? or possible ideas for mixing and matching?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am trying to create a custom body kit for my gti. So far I have the front lip and side skirts figured out. I will probably use these:

Rieger MKV Side Skirts w/ Duct & Cut-out (Pair)
http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/RI59404-05

Rieger MKV Front Lip Spoiler
http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/RI59400

I really would like a new rear valence, so I'm not stuck with the ugly, stock, plastic one. Any of you guys know of any rear valences for sale individually? I really need a rear valence that goes with the rieger pieces, so i dont have to buy a quad exhaust. Any ideas?

I also hope to get the neuspeed racing springs, lowering the car 1.5 in the back, 1.2 in the front. any comments on how you think it will turn out are appreciated.

·
Registered
245 Posts
"The VW ground effects kit costs around $1500, just to replace the plastic parts with real ones, and adding a small lip to the front."

Actually, if you already have your car, pretty much double that price. Its only $1500 if you get it WITH the car.

Its just over $3000 here in Canada to get the pre-painted kit from VW.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ouch. Do you know approx. how much it costs to paint a whole body kit (eg rieger kit) in the black magic paint?

·
Registered
103 Posts
GTI Side Skirts
Price: $417.00

Set of two.

Item #: 1KM071685U9AX

GTI Front Valance
Price: $358.00

Item #: 1KM071609U9AX

Rabbit/GTI Rear Valance
Price: $521.00

Rear Valance, including Diffuser.

Item #: 1K0071610UB9AX

the total for the whole ground effects on a gti is $1296.00 plus installation if u don't do it ur self

all this is available at VW DriverGear if u wanna get it .. but it lists that u can only go through a dealer to get it

i am thinking of calling someone down in michigan to see if they would order it for me and drive down there to pick it up since here in canada i can't get to have my dealership to order it for me .... or it could just be that in london ontario dealerships don't know what they are talking about

·
Registered
245 Posts
Croatian: you sure that those are painted? Else, how much will it then cost you to get that all done?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oh, and the kit was $1500. There is also a prepainted Votex available, but that runs $2500 - uninstalled - and who knows if the color would match.

·
Registered
263 Posts
kingpin said:
ouch. Do you know approx. how much it costs to paint a whole body kit (eg rieger kit) in the black magic paint?
ahh thats the kit i want. what exhaust u plan on getting?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I just got my copy of Driver Magazine (For VW) and on the back they have a Driver Gear section. According to that it's what Croation said:

Croatian said:
GTI Side Skirts
Price: $417.00

Set of two.

Item #: 1KM071685U9AX

GTI Front Valance
Price: $358.00

Item #: 1KM071609U9AX

Rabbit/GTI Rear Valance
Price: $521.00

Rear Valance, including Diffuser.

Item #: 1K0071610UB9AX

the total for the whole ground effects on a gti is $1296.00 plus installation if u don't do it ur self

all this is available at VW DriverGear if u wanna get it .. but it lists that u can only go through a dealer to get it
But it also states:

"Complete Ground Effects Kit

Ask about our competitively pried, complete aerodynamic packages. Available in factory colors."

So if you have a GTI from the dealership w/o a custom paint job, then you're good to go. I'm sure installation costs a lot though.

I'm also looking at the Performance Exhaust. It's priced at 1,130 and the Sport Springs at 340. Are these "competitively priced" or is it way overpriced? I'd be willing to pay a bit extra with a guarantee that my warranty won't void. I know it'll only void if the product I put is directly responsible for the problem, but I don't want the off chance that what I put will cause a problem. I payed too much for that warranty just to void it. I'd like the security of knowing if anything goes wrong then they'll fix it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i doubt its competitively priced. im probably gonna get the springs through volkswagen, but the rest ill get aftermarket. i bet the performance exhaust has like a 1 hp increase lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts