Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Euro Swith today and im going to install it when i get home. Does anyone else have a euro switch and what to tell us about it and post up some pics?

·
Registered
35 Posts
blackgti06 said:
I just got my Euro Swith today and im going to install it when i get home. Does anyone else have a euro switch and what to tell us about it and post up some pics?
I have it what would you like to know. It will let you put on your parking lights and fog's with out the head lights. and if you wire up the back fog light you can work that to with the switch.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I am interested in installing one, also. Please tell me what functions are available without doing any Vagcom mods.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes and no.

If you want to make your car euro spec then i would say no. but other then that you are right you have to shut off the DRL's and hook up the back fog.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
every easy. make sure your old light switch is on the off setting.
1. Push in the middle nob
2.While pushed in turn nob to the right
3.Slowly pull the nob and it will slide right out
4. Plug and play

Email me if you have any questions

·
Registered
274 Posts
I asked my dealer to disable my DRL ad he refused, saying that VW will not allow it. Does anyone in the Dallas, TX (weekends) or East TX (weekdays) have a VAGCOM and willing to help?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey, I've been trying to read up on the euroswitch because I think it would be a fun mod to start with. I went all through this forum trying to understand what exactly is needed for this mod but I still have a few questions:

Question 1: It seems like people are saying the rear fog light is already built in. Does that mean the bulb and wiring is there to do it, so all you would have to do is install the euro switch? Or must I purchase something like the R32 taillight to get the rear fog light?

Question 2: Is VagCom required for this mod? MY question here is, if I buy the R32 tailights and I buy the euroswitch and everything is wired, will the rear fog light then work? Or must the setting be activated with the vagcom before the rear fog light will come on?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Q1. Yes you need to buy aftermarke lights to make the fogs to work. http://www.tmtuning.com/vw/ get the r32 taillights that say with the rear fogs.

Q2 yes you need a vag-com to disable the drl's and to turn on the rear fogs. If you dont get the rear fog kit you have to order the kit seperate and wire it your self

1 - 11 of 11 Posts