My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stereo cuts out when I come to a stop in my 2001 Golf. It does it only once during each drive. The dealer tried to fix it but couldn't, then my warranty expired and I don't want to pay shop time for them to chase an electrical problem. Anyone had this issue on their MKIV?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
uncle dude said:
My stereo cuts out when I come to a stop in my 2001 Golf. It does it only once during each drive. The dealer tried to fix it but couldn't, then my warranty expired and I don't want to pay shop time for them to chase an electrical problem. Anyone had this issue on their MKIV?
Does the power go off on the head unit when it cuts out?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, only for a split second then it comes right back on. I don't think it is as simple as a loose wire because it doesn't happen over bumps etc, almost exclusively at a stop.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
uncle dude said:
Yep, only for a split second then it comes right back on. I don't think it is as simple as a loose wire because it doesn't happen over bumps etc, almost exclusively at a stop.
I wish I had a good answer for you... Can you swap out the head unit with another stock one and see if it does the same thing?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a frustrating problem. I don't have the time or the know how to swap the head unit, although it would be interesting to see the results. The other reality is that it is only filling the parking space in my garage until my new candy white comes, so I don't want to spend any money on it. I may take it to a non VW place with a lower rate and let them have a try. Thanks though.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
uncle dude said:
It is a frustrating problem. I don't have the time or the know how to swap the head unit, although it would be interesting to see the results. The other reality is that it is only filling the parking space in my garage until my new candy white comes, so I don't want to spend any money on it. I may take it to a non VW place with a lower rate and let them have a try. Thanks though.
Ahhhh... don't spend any money then- if you trade it in, it's VW's problem >:D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I won't trade it in - it doesn't make sense. Not sure how it is in the USA, but here it makes a difference of thousands selling it privately. Our dilemma is that it may annoy a potential buyer, so we ask ourselves how much is that worth? We may list it high, and take of $500 if they bitch. Maybe I'll slap a turbo sticker on the back too ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.