My Fast GTi banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
mattabaziou said:
If you think that is crazy, check out what that same engine can do in a Smart car!! [flame]javascript:void(0);
That looks like so much fun. I wonder how long those tires lasted!

·
Registered
747 Posts
It looks really cool, but my question is why dont they keep that engine on a motorcycle...its so much faster there. I think its a waste of a really good Hyabusa, my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mattabaziou said:
It looks really cool, but my question is why dont they keep that engine on a motorcycle...its so much faster there. I think its a waste of a really good Hyabusa, my 2 cents
Here's a VW TDI in a motorcycle for you: http://www.vw3literlupoclub.com/1200_TDI_motorfiets.html [fish]

They may have got the Hayabusa motor out of a salvaged bike... Suzuki even was looking at making a roadster that had the 1300cc motor in it.

KTM (they are a German Motorcycle comapny) is building their first roadster called the X-bow- it's powered by the same powerplant as our cars :)

Putting a motorcycle engine in a car (or vice-versa) is an engineering PIA, especially when it comes to the transmission.

·
Registered
747 Posts
hmm, I'm not saying its not amazing that they managed to properly fit a bike engine in a car with all the transmission...I just hope they didn't destroy an incredible hayabusa in the process...
I'm sure you've heard of Ghost rider??( the guy that is terrorizing the streets of Sweden)

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mattabaziou said:
hmm, I'm not saying its not amazing that they managed to properly fit a bike engine in a car with all the transmission...I just hope they didn't destroy an incredible hayabusa in the process...
I'm sure you've heard of Ghost rider??( the guy that is terrorizing the streets of Sweden)
I'm very familiar w/ him :)

The second link: He's on the same bike I have >:D

All you have to do on a bike is scratch the frame for it to be totalled- so changes of getting a motor on the cheap is very high.

·
Registered
747 Posts
yea I know what you mean...my dad has a 2005 YZF R1...I got my motorcycle liscence on that...what an amazing bike, too bad I cant drive it all the time.
Just once in a while when I'm home from college and when my dad lets me do a quick run to store or something!! O0

·
Registered
809 Posts
mattabaziou said:
Meh, Busa's are way over rated !!! :p

I'm thinkin like said above, it may have come from a salvaged bike, at least thats what I would hope, because, yes, it may be fun as hell to have that motor in that teeny car, but it also takes a perfectly good bike off the road for no reason, and me, I dont think thats cool !!! Gimme the Busa damnit !! Sure it might take a while to get used to it, but I'd be using it for its intended purpose. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts