Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a Stage 2 MK6 GTI with a Stage 2 SB Endurance clutch that is only 5 months old.

I definitely ride the car hard. Yesterday I tapped a curb while taking a corner, it was a light tap since it was the rounded kind. Well my brake fluid light came on and off a couple times right after that. No leaking fluids, etc.

Took the car for a drive and drove it hard to make sure the light didn't come back on.

I go to leave a light and after first gear, nothing. Can't get it into any gear at all without absolutely man handling it into gear.

I limped it to where I got the clutch installed last night.

This morning I ran him the keys and talked to him about it. He basically said he has a car that is having something similar in the lot he's fixing today. The shop is licensed for GIAC, APR, SB, etc. They work mostly on german cars. I've seen S6's and S4's in there so people trust him. But he said it's likely the shaft that comes up to the shifter has gotten worn out where the shifter links. Pretty WEIRD! So basically he said it'd require a new shaft and shifter and that parts are about $500.

Anyone else come across this? I did some reading about slave cylinders and what not last night. So I guess I'd be grateful if it is only the shifter items. I changed my own shifter on my MK6 TDI, but not the shaft. Would it be too hard? I can't even find the part. I'd just assume buy a dieselgeek shifter if the shifter needs to be replaced as well.

He's going to still take a look and make sure that's it, but the feeling was soooo awful last night.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging. Roughly 5 months and 5K on the Stage 2 south bend endurance clutch and something is broken. Really hoping that its a warranty item. He said that they are pretty finicky with what they warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.