Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering what everybody else is running on their mk4's, iv got koni coil overs adjustable front/rear.

no sway bars yet...deffnetly sway a little

mk4 vr6 12v

·
Registered
194 Posts
What are your goals? MOAR LOW? or Awesome Handling?

For my GTI, i've got:

-rear eibach 25mm sway bar.
-Stock front sway bar.
-Ground control coilovers (eibach springs sitting on ground control perches with koni yellow shocks. The rear shocks are customized by ground control to be adjustable from the top. So i don't have to remove the shock from the car to adjust which is aweeeeesome!!! I just have to cut a hole in the wheel well so i can access the adjuster.
-r32 control arm bushings

Get a rear sway bar, you will looooove it!!!!!

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
Bags, no front sway bar, Neuspeed rear sway bar.

Note 2 Bitches

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Right now im on H&R Sport springs about 1.5 lower then stock (Comfy ride. but MoarLow needed)

I always recommend coils over springs because I want MOAR Low(as most everyone) and I am stuck on springs for now.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have Bilstein pss9 coilover's and a Neuspeed 28mm sway bar in the rear (stock front).

Contemplating front sway and subframe braces

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
- Unplugged , i like what i have now but am interested in throwing sways and strut bars to get a little better handling in the corners.
where'd you get your eibach sway from?
thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
i found the swaybar in the classifieds on vwvortex. i suggest u look there as well. there will always be ppl looking to sell their parts for much cheaper than retail. Also a rear sway bar usually isn't a part that wears out, so buying used isn't really a problem. unless if ur buying a hollow bar that is starting to rust.

Front strut bar does nothing for the mk4 platform fyi. Since the shock towers are so close to the firewall, adding a brace to the shock towers doesn't really do anything...except look cool. invest in sway bars, especially rear. u will love it! lift off oversteer all day long!!!!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts