Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a mk4 gti 1.8t. I literally just had it fully tuned like 2 months ago. Since then I have had an o2 sensor go out(not what I'm concerned about) but I was wondering if that would some how make my cylinders misfire since it has to do with my fuel. I was just driving Into town for work and got not even a quarter mile down the road from my house when my car sputtered and died. My rpms just wet from about 3-4000 to to the bottom and then my battery light came on and my engine light was flashing. I also just changed the oil the day before and out in engine lube and sea foam. When I pulled over I checked it and my oil was watery. Luckily for my there was an auto shop right in front of me. I left my car sit and then I pulled into the shop and they scanned it and the code came up said tht ALL 4 cylinders randomly misfired. Does anyone know what could have caused this?

·
Registered
69 Posts
My previous 1.8t had ignition coil problems every month or so causing misfiring, constantly having to replace them! Could never narrow down the problem then i lost the engine! Hope you have better luck then i did!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts