Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shocks and struts are due to be replaced on our 05 gti 1.8t. This is the wife's DD but she also uses it for Auto-x 3 or 4 times a year. We would like to upgrade the suspension to make it more fun DD and better at Auto-x but she does not want it really low and would like to maintain a good ride quality. Any suggestions on which set up would be best for this? I have been looking at H&R touring cup kit and H&R Sport Spring & Bilstein Sport Shocks Combo on ECS tuning. Any one have experience with either of these? Any others to add to the list?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I wouldnt recommend buying parts off of ebay...

If she does not want to be very low then a cup kit is a good idea. I have heard good things about the H&R's. the sports kit will be a bit lower than the touring, a bit harder ride, but will handle better. ECS tuning is a reliable site too, they just kill you on shipping cost

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldnt recommend buying parts off of ebay...

If she does not want to be very low then a cup kit is a good idea. I have heard good things about the H&R's. the sports kit will be a bit lower than the touring, a bit harder ride, but will handle better. ECS tuning is a reliable site too, they just kill you on shipping cost
I didn't know people actually did that, yikes.
Needs/wants have changed since I started the thread, I still have not ordered anything to go on this car, but it is now my DD and our auto-x toy, bought her a G8 GT for a Daily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts