Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I had to strip down the GTI to paint it and i had to remove the door handles... That had me stuck for hours until someone told me how to do it. After that I decided I'd make a DIY so others can do it with some more ease rather than what I had unless ya'll know what your doing.

1. Open your door and look for this plug.

Pull it off and you should see this torx screw in there.

Well I cant you what size torx screw is but its rather small. Have a few small ones and get her done. You gotta go at an angle.

BUT DONT TAKE OUT THE SCREW! take it out almost all the way but dont unscrew it out completely. I was told not to because it looks like if your drop it you wont be getting it back with out a headache.

Now once you have loosened the screw pull this piece back/outward.

Once you removed that part pull back on the handle and look for this little piece. You'll have to use some thing to wedge it out. It may pull itself back into the hole but just use some tape so it doesnt disappear. Then pull the handle accordingly until it comes out.

Thanks hopefully someone will find this useful. =)

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Good write up

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
good job, looks just how i did my mk3 door handle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.