Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we all guys love our GTI's , but i don't think someone doesnt wish he can have the R32!!!

let's think how can we upgrade our MKV gti's to make it as R32 as possible ;D !
or maybe an R31... ;D ;D ;D

Please add your suggestions, here...

you gotta watch those videos ,you'll adore the R32 :

that's an R32 at 200MPH

anyone having new cool videos... please tell us... :-*

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Re: GTI Vs R32

Nice vids all you need to beat or keep up with a r32 is intake, chip and you prob keep up but intake, tbe, stg2 chip you'll beat an r32

·
Registered
26 Posts

There are also bodykits you can buy for your GTI V to make it look like the R32. but they are expensive its 1,400 for the body kit itslef, and then 700 for the center exhaust. pretty expensive but looks awesome... the site to look for the stuff is at

http://www.namotorsports.net/

and do you guys know when the new R32 is going to be released in the US, cuz im about to get a GTI in april, and if its going to come out soon then i might get it...

·
Registered
26 Posts

i dont know if i should wait or not... cuz the GTi and R32 are great cars... but the R32 is better and i really want to get a fast car soon, should i wait a year for the R32? tell me what you guys would do...

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

Just get the GTI. The GTI is a legend and a car that really sticks out. The R32 will be a whole lot more expensive anyway.

·
Registered
352 Posts

VW is making an optional package that comes from HPA that will boost the R32 hospower to 575 HP. It sounds nice but the kit costs about $38k. Though it would be sweet to run 3.5 seconds to 60, and beat the pants off of a Corvette or Viper!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

Not to mention 4wd. That'd be a selling point for me, Canadian winters and all. In a couple years when I make more money I'll probably get an R32 or an A3/A4 quattro.

·
Registered
352 Posts

Thalo said:
Not to mention 4wd. That'd be a selling point for me, Canadian winters and all. In a couple years when I make more money I'll probably get an R32 or an A3/A4 quattro.
Are you actually agreeing with me? Are you feeling ok? ;)

·
Registered
556 Posts

UnitedGrayGTi06 said:
VW is making an optional package that comes from HPA that will boost the R32 hospower to 575 HP. It sounds nice but the kit costs about $38k. Though it would be sweet to run 3.5 seconds to 60, and beat the pants off of a Corvette or Viper!
...Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!!!!
I think I've just found my goal in life...

·
Registered
857 Posts
I know there's a topic raging on somewhere else about the difference between these two, but I just have a complaint.

VW REALLY should have put the 3.6 liter engine in the new R32. They have this engine, they're using it in the new Passats and it's really a beastly engine. I had heard rumors of an R36 coming here to the US, but I don't think it's going to happen. Does anyone know why they chose the outdated 3.2 liter over the 3.6 liter. I think that it would have made better business sense to put the bigger engine in it and change things up a bit. I still can't wait to drive the new R32 though, im sure it will be one hell of a car, but imo they could have done it justice and given it the 3.6 liter.

·
Registered
352 Posts
They chose the 3.2 liter because of weight. If the car weighs less, it can handle better. And handling is very important in sportscars. Without handling they would be no fun. And the 3.2 liter also gets better gas mileage.

·
Registered
556 Posts
They chose the 3.2 L over the new 3.6 L because they couldn't fit it in the car with the transmission.

"They TRIED to put the 3.6 in the MKV for the US market, but the transmissions that will handle the power have housings that are too big for the space in the chassis." -SilverSLC

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2639003

·
Registered
26 Posts
i heard that too, the 3.6 engine wouldnt fit in the chassis of the golf, and the DSG transmission couldnt hold all the torque or something like that, but i think they are still planning on bringing the Golf with a 3.6 engine in like the August of 2008. so its not gonna be here for a while... hopefully it will come out though once they fix the problem(s).

1 - 20 of 36 Posts