Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since my car has came back from the body repair shop everything they touched seems to be falling apart.
#1a. they didnt screw the headlight fully on
b. took it back and now the headlight doesnt shine forward.
#2. car still shakes, new rim is in the mail and will be put on hopefully on monday.
#3. the removable piece from the front bumper (i believe its for the tow trucks?? i donno.) randomly dissapeared today.
...my dad is flipping a shit and thinks i keep destroying my car now considering everything keeps getting messed up. its horrible.. ill go make a pic real fast and post up whats missing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I may be wrong but i think that is for the headlight washer. You hit your window wash stick 3 times (with the lights on) and that will pop out and spray up on the light.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
It actually sprays the lights the first time you hit the washer and then every fifth time after that.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmmmmmhmhm. so what it fall off?? just a freak accident type of deal? or do you think the people who repaired the car didnt put it on properly. ???

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...and can i buy this part from the dealer for a cheap price? or they gonna charge me like 50 bucks for this. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
People who repaired your car probably also didn't know what it was. I take it you didn't bring it to a VW/Audi body shop?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i did it through insurance and they requested this other place. so no it wasnt VW/AUDI. plus they are all booked solid in florida. i look at the car today and found that there is a piece of double sided tape that was holding it on hah. so yeah they had no idea what they were doing. a few months ago i took tha6t piece off and put it back on so i know its not hard to figure out but still... tape it?? atleast tell me you donno how to do it and give me the piece.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Man, if I ever busted up my fast and my insurance made me bring it to someone else I'll put the thing through the acid test before it leaves the shop: kick the area that was damaged, pull on things, try the lights out, everthing. You should check if your right headlight washer even works at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.