Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 gti FSI BPY... i just replaced my follower about 3k miles ago so i know its not that. im having misfires anytime i rapidly accelerate whether it be at 2k rpm or 5k rpm at WOT and partial throttle. NO CEL except for 1 time i romped through 1st gear CEL flashed about 10 times and went off. then about 2 weeks later on regular warm startup CEL came on, scanned and got p0301, p2004, and p0642. cleared the CEL and its been about a week and it stayed off. say im at 2500 rpm in 3rd gear and i go almost WOT, it will sputter while still accelerating but sputter bad for maybe 1000-1500 MORE rpms then almost like it catches and pulls nice with no more sputter... untill i do it again. checked pcv by blowing through several times with odd results-few times it was easy as pie to blow through and few times i could barely get any air though it so im not sure if its beat or not. obviously plug and packs are fisrt thought but want to hear more opinions before spending another $150 on my not-so-fast. thanks guys any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Changed the plugs? Flashing CEL means coilpacks or plugs. Bad maf can cause them too but it isn't as common.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Changed the plugs? Flashing CEL means coilpacks or plugs. Bad maf can cause them too but it isn't as common.
just carfaxed my car again to see what had been done and my plugs and coil packs were last changed about 30k miles ago... i guess i should change them anyway huh

·
Registered
79 Posts
I also have a 2006 with approx 60K completely stock. I just had a problem very similar to yours. Took it in and they fixed it. Mine was the Fuel Pressure Regulator Sensor, they also replaced the fuel filter. Could be the same thing on yours. I wouldn't describe mine as a misfire though it was more a sudden loss of power under acceleration. As if the throttle was being yanked back to idle even though you are pushing on the accelerator. Also mine was random, wouldn't do it every single time I accelerated but when it did it was dramatic. It wasn't an expensive fix. About $180.00 total.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also have a 2006 with approx 60K completely stock. I just had a problem very similar to yours. Took it in and they fixed it. Mine was the Fuel Pressure Regulator Sensor, they also replaced the fuel filter. Could be the same thing on yours. I wouldn't describe mine as a misfire though it was more a sudden loss of power under acceleration. As if the throttle was being yanked back to idle even though you are pushing on the accelerator. Also mine was random, wouldn't do it every single time I accelerated but when it did it was dramatic. It wasn't an expensive fix. About $180.00 total.
Thanks for the info man.. Im going to look into that today for sure. my symptoms sound very similar to yours so it could be possible!

·
Registered
79 Posts
One more thing. On your CEL not coming on. Mine started acting up on July 4th and I wasnt able to get it in the dealer to be checked until Friday July 6th. I drove it a full day and a half with it randomly acting up before the CEL finally came on and stayed on. I've never 'wanted' a CEL to come on before, but i'm glad it finally did as it allowed them to diagnose it properly. Also it was extremely hot when this was happening the air temps where 100 to 106 at the time and even at night was in the still 90's. Don't know if the extreme heat contributed to it but could have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the info man.. Im going to look into that today for sure. my symptoms sound very similar to yours so it could be possible!
Hey sorry to pull up an old thread but what was the final solution to your problem? I bought my Ed30 with 83,000km on the clock and generally all is well except for this one issue (like yours). I changed the cam follower recently and didn't make much difference. However it's good that I did coz it had seen better days. Also did you have any mpg issues? Currently it seems higher than what is considered the norm (as per other threads on fuel economy of the GTI).

Thanks in advance.
Have a good one! [jacked]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts