Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been on some other forums and am hoping to get some new insight here, my wife's car a 1999.5 12v vr6 has a p0305 misfire cyl#5 and you can feel while in the car, what are the common causes of this. any help or opinions would be appreciated. thanks in advance

·
Registered
82 Posts
it could be a coilpack thats what it sounds like to me, but im not intireley sure that the vr6s have coil packs.
my friend has a mkIII with ignition coils, and one was cracked it threw codes that were similar to that im pretty sure. usually when its damp wet or rainy, moisture well collect and it causes arc'ing but it got real bad after awhile and did it almoost all the time

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ignition Coil x2. Yes, the VR6 has coil packs. I'd suggest checking out ecs tuning to buy some after market ones. If your plugs haven't been replaced for a long time, it could be those as well. The coil packs are a more typical issue though. I had mine go not too long ago and was misfiring like crazy. After the coil was replaced I've had no problems since then.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would do the old water spray trick to track it down. Most likely if it hasn't been done you may want to replace the plugs, wires and coil packs all together. I can get you what you need.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would do the old water spray trick to track it down. Most likely if it hasn't been done you may want to replace the plugs, wires and coil packs all together. I can get you what you need.
sms is the ****tt =P he'll hook it up

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i put ngk iridium's im less than 10k ago tried new wires no effect, i sprayed waterby the coil pack didnt see any sparks, what kind of price can you get?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts