Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may have not noticed, but we've been getting hit by hackers since we started. They have literally shut us down for not only days, but in one instance, weeks. We are being consistently bombarded by attacks from every hacker wanna be because smf software is open source and can be exploited. SMF is more secure now than before, but I feel it is only a matter of time before someone shuts us down again.

Hence, the move to VBulletin. I will try to keep the look and feel as close as possible to the boards now. I will need everyone's cooperation and help as we begin this process. But once completed, MFG will grow in leaps and bounds. My other site, RabbitOwnersClub.com has grown from 300 members in February to 2800 members today. That is less than 900 members than MFG, even though we've been up nearly a year longer.

Search engines like it better and I believe we will grow considerably by moving to this software. If you have any comments or concerns related to this, Please let me know by posting them here.

thank you,

Fast Freddie aka Ken Nix Founder/Admin/Owner MYFASTGTI.COM

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Sounds like a plan. I better not lose my post count! >:D

kidding

l

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bcruzin said:
Sounds like a plan. I better not lose my post count! >:D

kidding

l
ol that's one reason I waited so long to do this, is so I could make sure there wouldn't be many problems. You shouldn't lose anything. I've tested it and tested it, and believe I have it down to where is should be pretty quick and painless. of course there is always murphy's law. ???

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I think they hacked the board again... the google ads got bigger and when I logged in to today there was a cadillac video ad :eek:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Starting the Change Over Process. First all child boards have to be moved up to a regular board. Then I'll start the process. Should take about 3 hours to finish. Site is now backed up just in case.
ff

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Scratch that, Just look under your post count and you'll see "my garage" Click it and see yours or anyone's garage.
ff

·
Registered
181 Posts
FF - After 4 months I was finally getting the hang of the old format and learning my way around, so this will set me back a little. BUT I can tell that I will like it once I figure it out! Thanks for keeping us up with the rest of the world.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
no problem... just making sure you know. Keeping you on your toes FF. :)

Oh and as far as moderators go... don't think 10bv01 is around here enough, same goes for GTfly... seems to fluctuate as far as involvement goes. Not saying to demote them. Just thinking it would be wise to add some more.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Hey FF... I don't know how.. but I made myself a Global moderator... I don't know if I'm supposed to be able to do that... let me know.

Send me a PM.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
no problem... just making sure you know. Keeping you on your toes FF. :)

Oh and as far as moderators go... don't think 10bv01 is around here enough, same goes for GTfly... seems to fluctuate as far as involvement goes. Not saying to demote them. Just thinking it would be wise to add some more.
I'm right there with you. I'll be adding more mods, Review staff (extra permissions if you review products) and more.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Hey FF... I don't know how.. but I made myself a Global moderator... I don't know if I'm supposed to be able to do that... let me know.

Send me a PM.
you up for the job? oops, you waited too long. Guess you're our new moderator. ***smile***

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.