My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after playing w/ VAG-COM and noticing how much data it can spit out- I've been asking around- how hard would it be to tweak the MFD to show some real time values.

I want boost, lambda and oil pressure, but I really don't like the look of pods (it ruins the sleeper effect).

There is a company called Luxury Car Tuning l-c-t.com that makes a plugin module that's soon to be released.
http://store.l-c-t.com/merchant2/me...CT&Product_Code=golf_vcm_ultra&Category_Code=

It does the following:

Vario Plus Control Module ** ULTRA **

Quantity in Basket: 1
Code: golf_vcm_ultra
MSRP: 399.00
Price: $329.00
Shipping Weight: 1.20 pounds
In Stock

Quantity:

Two years ago Luxury Car Tuning invented and introduced the first Roof Control Module for the Mercedes SLK R171 which later on was available for all current Mercedes convertibles and roadsters (such as the SLK, CLK and SL). Since then the product has been continuously refined and our efforts resulted in a completely different approach.

The all new VARIO PLUS CONTROL MODULE

Already available for various Mercedes Benz as well as the highly acclaimed Volkswagen EOS, we take it to the next level with the VARIO PLUS CONTROL MODULE for the GOLF/RABBIT MKV.

Incorporating all the latest functions and features we have to offer, the module is able to:
- display 0-60 mph time on the MFD (dashboard) in realtime
- display 0-90 mph time on the MFD (dashboard) in realtime
- display quarter mile time on the MFD (dashboard) in realtime
- display half mile time on the MFD (dashboard) in realtime
- display 0-100 kmh time on the MFD (dashboard) in realtime*
- display 0-140 kmh time on the MFD (dashboard) in realtime*
- display 400 metre time on the MFD (dashboard) in realtime*
- display 800 metre time on the MFD (dashboard) in realtime*
- display the absolute turbo boost pressure on 2.0t engines on the MFD (dashboard) - even while driving
- display the relative maximum turbo boost pressure on 2.0t engines on the MFD (dashboard) in realtime
- display the actual o2-sensor (lambda) readings on the MFD (dashboard) in realtime
- allowing to select between 2-6 comfort blinks (factory is only OFF or 3) on either indicator
- automatically open/close the windows with the factory RF key remote
- adding a special indicator or horn sequence while you are in reverse gear
- adding Brake Light Assist
- adding Mirror Park Assist (flips down the passenger side mirror so you can see the curb)
- functions can be configured through our exclusive on dash menu via the MFD
- the module can be switched off to be completely invisible to any workshop
- works with automatic, DSG or stick shift
- easy installation - takes less than 10 minutes
- new installation harness for full plug and play: no wires to cut or splice!
- new dual core processing power
- PATENT PENDING
- 2 years warranty

So I think I'm going to pre-order one O0

·
Registered
749 Posts
I was looking at that yesterday and it seems to me that some VAG/COM-like software would be able to do it. The LCT module looks like a miniaturized remote terminal that talks on the VAG data bus and adds the extra features but if that's the case, the data displayed would have to be available on the bus already (spped, distance, time, boost, etc.). Seems that the features would just have to be initiated by something a little more complex than VAG/COM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow very cool. Im really digging this. No need for a boost guage to dirty up my view and all of the addtional info is such a plus. My only concern is what kind of havoc it will play on the ECU. Like I said my only concern. Great find Dragon O0

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CommonGTI said:
Wow very cool. Im really digging this. No need for a boost guage to dirty up my view and all of the addtional info is such a plus. My only concern is what kind of havoc it will play on the ECU. Like I said my only concern. Great find Dragon O0
I think it wouldn't cause any more havoc with the ECu than VAG-com could, and it's just an inline i/o module. Hopefully, I'll have it in a few days and can write a full review on it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I wish the boost was displayed in PSI instead of BAR, Do you know if it is compensating for normal atmoshperic pressure or do you have to pull that out of the final number yourself?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
22350 said:
I wish the boost was displayed in PSI instead of BAR, Do you know if it is compensating for normal atmoshperic pressure or do you have to pull that out of the final number yourself?
I'm guessing it pulls from the ECU the same way VAG-Com does, which doesn't compensate for atmosphereic pressure. I think I could get used to BAR instead of PSI.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
i would b nice if somehow u could get the boost to as previously mention in PSI and how some sort of digital gauge. Like an aftermarketboost gauge jus in the MFD

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Dragon said:
22350 said:
I'm guessing it pulls from the ECU the same way VAG-Com does, which doesn't compensate for atmosphereic pressure. I think I could get used to BAR instead of PSI.
Yeah I agree...I could deal with the reading in BAR just fine, hell I can even pull the local pressure out of the mix mentally too. That is a very cool module, for a really decent price. Excellent find.

I am going to order it right now!

Thanks Dragon!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Dragon said:
uncle dude said:
Impressive.
You just like the sound track! ;D
Actually, I found the video quite annoying. Did they really have to say "hit the down button to go to the next menu" every fucking time? The 0-60 was my favourite - I wonder if it works with a manual too.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
omg...yea i know, the 1st time i was like cool, the nine million times after that jus got old. and the transitions between features took forever.

im not sure its worth 250 though.

hey i heard that in europe gti's wing mirrors electronically fold inwards when u lock the car and that there is a hack for our car to do that. I'm not sure if thats tru

1 - 20 of 59 Posts