Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
uncle dude said:
Jake Brown skateboard fall. 50' onto the hardwood - ouch :'(

That the one from lastnite ?? I cant watch the vid here at work. If it is, I totally thought he was not gonna walk away from that. That was brutal !! Hardcore to the max, and then to have *** Bob Burnquist come right after that and snatch the gold from him just pissed me off. Two years in a row he gets jacked by a lesser trick. LAME !!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't there a deduction for crashing? I am just glad he tucked his legs in at the last second because he would be in a wheel chair otherwise.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
uncle dude said:
Isn't there a deduction for crashing? I am just glad he tucked his legs in at the last second because he would be in a wheel chair otherwise.
I can't believe he didn't fracture his hip w/ that impact :eek:

Did you see the shoes on the landing?

·
Registered
809 Posts
uncle dude said:
There is a deduction, but he was in the lead before that jump and they take the best score, not an average. Its just cuz Burnquist is a bigger name, cant have the up and comer win. Pshaw, BS !!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just think, lands the first ever 720 and then dies.............i just can't believe he walked with out even a broken bone. I bet money someone was looking out for him. O0

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Livnplush said:
Did you guys see the one from this year. The Dude hit the ground so hard it blew his shoes off.
This may be evidence of "not reading the thread from the beginning" O0

·
Registered
577 Posts
cmon guys pay attention .... lol - i know this is an old post.

It was the first completed 720 on the super ramp, not the first 720 degree revolution ever!

This huge ramp is a creation made by bob burnquist, he has this ramp at his home...its built into the side of a mountain. X games took the idea of it and made it for use in competition.

Jake was the first to land a 720 over the gap of the super ramp in X games competition.

Anyone know who was the first to do an El rollo in a full pipe...anyone know what an el rollo is?

How about the first person to perform an ollie? what was his name - dont cheat.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Allan "ollie" Gelfland invented the ollie

Duane Peters was the first to do an El Rollo.... a complete upside down loop in a full pipe ( concrete full pipe no less - sick! )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts