Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question so I recently just replaced my cam sensor about 2 weeks ago and just replaced my map sensor yesterday due to a p0237 vag com code. The main problem my gti mkiv 1.8t has is its hard to start, never turns on after the first crank takes about two to three cranks for the engine to turn over. I was almost certain that once I replaced the map sensor it would start with no problem.but it didn't, however I noticed that once I disconnect the battery and connect it again the car turns on, on the first try. I wanted to know if I need to get the ecu reprogramed once I install a can sensor and or map sensor? Also was thinking if mabey I just need to clear the codes for it to work properly?
Thanks in advance as this car is giving me a headache..

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
So after disconnecting and reconnecting, is it still hard to start?

If so then you have other issues, if not, then the ecu needed to be reset. A lot of codes like that are considered hard codes, in that sometimes when replacing the parts the ecu still has to be reset in order for the codes to go away. Some other codes will go away when the problem is fixed but this doesn't always hold true.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After I disconect and reconect it starts up fine on first try then if I turn it off and try to turn on again it stil takes two to three tries for it to turn on again.
If I do need to get it reset about how much money am I looking at to reset it, if you know?
I mean the car its self runs great the engine and turbo feel solid the only problem it really gives me its that starting issue..
Thanks soo much for the help!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts