Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many GTI drivers out there have a Mac? I love my mac and will never go back to PC's. I understand that some people have to use PC's for their work, but that would be the only reason I'd ever buy one. But unless it's directly related to work, I'm sticking with my Mac.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Only time I ever used a Mac with any regularity was in junior high, which was in the early 90s. Mac Classics and Mac Pluses in their monochrome glory. Was pretty proficient with them things. At home we always had a PC, in high school I used only PCs, in college only PCs, at work only PCs. I've built my own PCs. If I ever sit in front of a Mac I'm completely dumbfounded... one button mouse, wtf do I click on? How do I right click? Last time this happened was in college in a Spanish language lab that had PCs and Macs but the PCs were all taken and there were rows upon rows of unused Macs, so I sat down in front of one and couldn't figure it out. Kinda felt like Scotty in Star Trek IV. I didn't go to language lab anymore after that.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I am a MAC user, and I must say that I agree with kryptonkid07...I will never go back to PCs...well thats a lie, I might get a used laptop, but only to install Vag com.
Mac for life, GTI for life

·
Registered
749 Posts
PC; never owned a MAC. I've used a few and it just never took. We use PCs exclusively at work. I have considered MACs in the past, and I will again each time I go to buy a new computer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I use a Mac and love it. I always had a PC until about 2 years ago. I'll never go back to a PC either. By the way, you can use a normal mouse with a Mac. I use a Microsoft wireless optical mouse with my Mac. All the buttons work just the same as when using it on a PC, even the scroll wheel.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've got a Mac now and also swore off PCs for anything except work. With the new Intel chip, you can partition 20GB or so of yr HD and load a native copy of Vista, then select which OS to run on start up. Graphics acceleration and all the other drivers work as advertised for both OSes. It's pretty sweet. I don't hate on the PC users though. If everybody owned a Mac, they wouldn't be cool anymore and this wouldn't even have been a thread-worthy discussion. So say we all.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ande1978 said:
I don't hate on the PC users though. If everybody owned a Mac, they wouldn't be cool anymore and this wouldn't even have been a thread-worthy discussion. So say we all.
True. Very well put. I agree with you. If you like PC's then that's cool. I just can't go back. I can't and won't.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well I have used Macs and I own A PC laptop and i will have to say that i do love the Macs, but i would have MAC laptop if they weren't so expensive compared to pc laptops. Just my two sense.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
The fact that Macs are hardly used anywhere in places of business or in schools makes learning to use a Mac about as pointless as learning Finnish as a second language. No offense to any Finns, I'm just using it as an example of a language that is spoken by very few people on Earth. The proportion of Macs to PCs out there is about equivalent to the proportion of Finnish speakers to the rest of the world.

·
Registered
137 Posts
yeah, you're right thalo.

i have a pc (pentium 4 HTT) and my roommate has a mac g4 and mine is faster when it comes to opening/closing files and downloading. the only bug 8) about pc's is all the spyware and virus shit. that's one platform that microsoft is using to promote vista. but if you keep you're pc clean, which is not hard at all, it's much more user friendly and convenient. mac's are good for audio/video stuff tho. i might get a laptop and do a little djing here and there...maybe.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
And the reason why Macs aren't affected as much by viruses and shit is because it would be a waste of time to develop them for 0.05% of the world's computers.

·
Registered
352 Posts
well put thalo. I have only used a mac once, and being primarily a pc user, I was confused. I will stick with pc's. Unless the price of mac's comes down, because they are too damn expensive. But they look nice, and are well built.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thalo said:
And the reason why Macs aren't affected as much by viruses and shit is because it would be a waste of time to develop them for 0.05% of the world's computers.
One of the best reasons to own a Mac right there :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Like I say it's all good in the hood. There's nothing special about mac users I guess. It can be very frustrating to not have access to windows-only software: Vag-com and other diagnostic tools, the new Bentley manual (it's on CD only and I doubt it's a simple .pdf), GPS programming software, interface with the goddamn worthless Exchange server from work.

For the lifestyle stuff, music, movies, email, blogs and Internets, the Mac can't be beat. I've just spent $25,000 on a hatchback and am eager to sink another $5k into it. I'll probably just drop a measly $800 on a PC laptop so I can take care of the aforementioned MS stuff. It's got to have Media Center though so I can connect my Xbox 360.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
MicMoor77 said:
Thalo said:
Well then why don't you go live in isolation somewhere in the mountains? You'll avoid catching a cold that way or ever being a victim of a terrorist attack.

·
Registered
108 Posts
No reason be buy macs anymore. The Pc does have alot of viruses and so on but their pretty much ez to block. Ive been using pcs for a long long time and once i got a virus and never again. Anyways mac is too slow and games on a mac is just rediculous. I know u can pretty much use anything on a mac now but u have to spend extra just to buy programs to make other programs work. All mac can say over pc now is " You got a cold pc?" Speaking of mac i think ill get a big mac from mc donalds mmmm.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thalo said:
MicMoor77 said:
Thalo said:
Well then why don't you go live in isolation somewhere in the mountains? You'll avoid catching a cold that way or ever being a victim of a terrorist attack.
What does that have to do with computers? Anyway, the lack of viruses written for Mac is only one of the reasons I prefer Mac. It's all about the operating system. It's definitely more secure, stable, and free of defects. Most importantly, it's my preference. I don't hate on PC users. I have one that I use for certain things. But for most of my personal computing I use a Mac. I really don't care what other people use, it's not my problem. I think most people don't want to switch to Mac just because they don't want to have to learn something new. Not everyone is quick to learn a new system.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts