Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, but 2.1inches is a little more than I want to drop it. I would like a more aggressive stance but not a tucked look. I have 17" wheels now and plan on getting 17" xxr 522's. I was thinking maybe Neuspeed sport or tein s tech.

· Registered
496 Posts
Thanks, but 2.1inches is a little more than I want to drop it. I would like a more aggressive stance but not a tucked look. I have 17" wheels now and plan on getting 17" xxr 522's. I was thinking maybe Neuspeed sport or tein s tech.
A 55/40 kit wont give you tuck,

· Premium Member
3,414 Posts
Springs are just what you need then. I'd be a little weary about dropping it that much on stock shocks.

I have vogtland 50mm springs (2 inches) & bilstein shocks.

But you should probably be fine for the most part.

I attached a pic of my car.

--
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

· Registered
2,525 Posts
Le Candy Dough, Y u so high? TROLOLOLOL, Man that looks perfectly low! I don't know why anyone would go coils if a nice cup kit gets you that low! :O For the MKVI that is. LOL

· I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
Coils man

Even is the springs get you the lowness you want

You still need shocks and springs

That puts you in the price range for a good set of coils

FK coils are on sale at NGP for $450 shipped

$50 cheaper then ecstuning, just a small FYI

Tapatalk This

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, but how is the ride on the FK. And will these only last for a little bit then have to buy them again. I realize these are cheap as far as goes witth coils and not planning on putting a grand into the suspension.

· I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
I loved the ride when I had FK's

I would buy them again

Chris has them on his car now and he like it too

Tapatalk This

· I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
I wanted to go lower

I'm on air bags

The picture in my sig is with the FK coils

But u have to do a few other things to get that low

Tapatalk This

· I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
wow your car looks awesome. but i dont really want to drop it that much. I think 1.5-1.75 is about as low as i can go. There are some pretty big speed bumps where I live. Thanks
Thanks

I live in NYC metor area

Many pot holes here

Tapatalk This

· Registered
6,128 Posts
wow your car looks awesome. but i dont really want to drop it that much. I think 1.5-1.75 is about as low as i can go. There are some pretty big speed bumps where I live. Thanks
I live in new Hampshire... We have potholes and frost heaves and I daily my car very low

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.