Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site and my GTI could really use some new suspension, the ride is horrible. So i plan on getting a new setup and lowering it. Any suggestions????

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I am new to this site and my GTI could really use some new suspension, the ride is horrible. So i plan on getting a new setup and lowering it. Any suggestions????
raceland ultimos if u dont have alot to spend , FK silverline X if u do .... ive got raceland ultimos on my mk3 vr6 and the fk's on my 1.8T GLI also id suggest investing in some motor mount spacers (euroimage tuning sells them) to raise the oilpan up offa the ground and if u wanna really be on the safe side get u a mk3 vr6 steel oilpan and toss that aluminum one on ur vr in the garage for if and when u ever bust the steel one

·
Registered
6 Posts
It’s a good idea to get a new set of suspensions. However, make sure that lowering them would not affect the overall dimensions or else you will be experiencing the same horrible ride again even with the new ones.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
It's a good idea to get a new set of suspensions. However, make sure that lowering them would not affect the overall dimensions or else you will be experiencing the same horrible ride again even with the new ones.
Uhhhhh what .... I know i just woke up n all and been on nightshift the last 2 months but what the hell does that mean .

If he gets either of the 2 sets ive mentioned and new strut mounts (front n rear) his ride will be smooth as butter , thats y i recomended them . I wrecked my gti almost two yrs ago noe and my back is still messed up from it and i wont tolerate a rough riding suspension

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
heres what ive seen that works best... jack the car up, grab an angle grinder, and cut the springs in half. take it off the jacks, and profit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts