Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I order the APR RCS turbo back exhaust system and I am also looking in lowering my 2011 GTI. I've been reading around and I've read the the APR turbo back exhaust sits a little lower then most exhaust under the car. If I get it lowered would I have a problem with clearance? Also how much should I lower it? Also what company makes a good lowering kit?

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I order the APR RCS turbo back exhaust system and I am also looking in lowering my 2011 GTI. I've been reading around and I've read the the APR turbo back exhaust sits a little lower then most exhaust under the car. If I get it lowered would I have a problem with clearance? Also how much should I lower it? Also what company makes a good lowering kit?
all exhaust sit lower because there bigger pipes.
lower it as much as you want...

do you want coilovers or cup kit or springs?

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
i have it and yes it sits a lot lower. the ghl exhaust sat higher then the apr rsc one. i have rubbed on really ****ty curbs and road blocks that they use at the intrencese to the military instilations over here in germany but other than that i have not had a problem. when i get the car back in the states i am going to lower it another 1 inch if i can with out rubbing the tires on the fender. so you should not have a problem. i got the kw varient 3 suspension and i droped it about 1 1/2 inch so far and i can go about 1 more inch. so if that gives you an idea.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
i have it and yes it sits a lot lower. the ghl exhaust sat higher then the apr rsc one. i have rubbed on really ****ty curbs and road blocks that they use at the intrencese to the military instilations over here in germany but other than that i have not had a problem. when i get the car back in the states i am going to lower it another 1 inch if i can with out rubbing the tires on the fender. so you should not have a problem. i got the kw varient 3 suspension and i droped it about 1 1/2 inch so far and i can go about 1 more inch. so if that gives you an idea.
You can go alot lower :)

No perches shaved bump stops, helper spring delete just a few examples

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
yeah i plan on it but the only problem is the speed bumps that the military uses over here and my tires will rub if i go lower. getting a set of low profiles when i get to ga the end of the month

·
Dub 2.0
924 Posts
Apr rsc ftw!

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
i hate people with money :(
i do not have money, i have to convince my wife to save what i have for projects for the gti. other wise i will spend it all on useless **** like video games and magazines

·
Super Moderator
10,066 Posts
Haha ^^

1 - 15 of 15 Posts