Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd really like to see some pics of a lowered 07.

Before and After if you have them.

I'm thinking about putting about a 1" drop on mine but I wanna hold off until I see it.

Also I hear a lot of people saying it is possible to have VW do the install at a dealership and this way you wont void the warranty.

The prices people keep quoting are all over the place to have this done.

If YOU actually had this done post the cost. If a friend of a friend of a cousin heard it could be done for 11k, dont bother.... I dont wanna hear it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i called my dealer and they said for the springs and the instal everything will be about 600$ and it will stay under warranty ;) thats what im puting on mine as soon as spring comes dont want to be sitting low in the winter

·
Registered
573 Posts
I can't say about the dealer install, but I have been pricing the mod. The reason for the variation in proce may be in what they are using. I saw a project on Vwvortex.com that did the mod to an 07 and it looked great. They used coil overs (I called the manufacturer they used and was told $1480 for parts, and I can have them installed for $150). Just changing the springs would be ~ $350 in parts.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
...i dont believe anyone was...? ??? i am looking into the H&R springs. anyone have these yet? i would love to hear more about them from someone who has them installed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
well i called my dealership here in toronto canada and asked if i could lower it from ealership by using ordered springs from the euro spec gti (which sits 1 inch lower) they emailed back saying that they do lower it and that they use H&R springs which is awasome all covered by warrenty... price im no sure theyre e-mailing me back soon.. also gna do it in spring

·
Registered
26 Posts
would lowering it do any damage to the suspension at all in the long run??

I haven't got my mkV yet.. but I'll be driving one in a couple months.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i wanna get the h&r super sport springs... does anybody have these yet??? and will i need to do anything else... it is a 1.9'' drop all the way around... i would love these on my car....

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
lowered pics ey?

NO rubbing also. drives hard but turns exceptionally well. Stasis tuned Koni coilovers :D
i parked next to my friends stock GTI and we laughed at how low it is compared to it. i also parked next to my others friends who is dropped on springs 1.5" and was way under him as well :D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
after lowering it my wheels look like they are 18's now too haha. they look great especially since they are the same color.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
GTfly said:
lowered pics ey?

NO rubbing also. drives hard but turns exceptionally well. Stasis tuned Koni coilovers :D
i parked next to my friends stock GTI and we laughed at how low it is compared to it. i also parked next to my others friends who is dropped on springs 1.5" and was way under him as well :D
only draw back is i have to REALLY watch out for curbs when parking.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Those of you who have lowered... can you seriously drive around your cities without ever bottoming out? I've bottomed out a couple times the way my car is now on driveways, curtain curbs and very rugged back-alleys.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i would like to do that to my gti but out here the cops are ass holes about lowerd cars. thats why on my outher i had air bags. can u do air bags on a GTI.?

·
Registered
635 Posts
you cant be serious about airbags....half the time they break and you rem the discussion about 20 inch rims and bigger on a gti well airbags go under that catergory...of never belonging on a gti

·
Registered
119 Posts
thats why i ask. but for me out here air bags are just make more sense. i see a cop i pick it up, they leave i drop it. i guess it all depends on the install because i had no problems with mine. coil overs u have to get out jack up the car and still adjust all 4. to long for me.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts