Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Low tire pressure won't go away

18K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  br0h31m 
#1 ·
I did search but the last relevant post was back in 2006 and didn't really help me a whole lot. This is my first post so please don't flame me.

I have a 2007 MKV GTI with standard 17inch stock wheels.

I live in washington DC and last night it got the coldest its been for a while (50 degree) which is the coldest I have driven in since buying the car. The tire pressure is low light came on. I check all the tires and they were all at 32psi/31psi, the door/manual says it should be 35 so this morning I put air in all the tires to make them 35psi. I would now expect the light to turn off, however it hasn't. I can rule out a puncher as all tires were exactly the same psi yesterday. Do I need to take the car back to get the sensor reset, or does it just need a few hours to reset. I am going to driving around 100 miles this weekend and although I am not overly concerned I would like some advice on what I should maybe do.

Thanks guys.

#2 ·
A reply to my own post in case anyone else has difficulties with this.

I took it to the dealer and although they were at a high enough PSI they were not completely balanced. Based on the manual I guess if one tire is different to any other tire by 0.4psi then it isn't going to go away. I didn't have a digital reader and thats what they suggested to use next time.

#7 ·
Went down that road a few months ago- here's what I learned:
You need to inflate to over 40lbs. on the tire that was low, then bleed it back down to the 35lbs. Cycle ignition. Done.

#11 ·
Yeah..TPMS can be a little tempremental, but I am happy I have it.

My TPMS came on last week. I added air and it came on again. So i figured it had a nail damage in the sidewall, and i JUST bought the tires a bout 2 months ago (Yokohama S-drives). I let the dealership look at it when I took my car in for the 50k service...and sure enough it was damage in the sidewall. Extended warranty paid for a new tire and saved the day!

#12 ·
Based on the manual I guess if one tire is different to any other tire by 0.4psi then it isn't going to go away. I didn't have a digital reader and thats what they suggested to use next time.
hmm. i also had my tires get a little low due to the cold but i just left it running at my buddies house and filled 'em up just over 35 (probably 37/38ish) and the light went right off. crazy dubs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.