Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find out what's causing my car to drive so sluggish at time and other times it would drive flawlessly as it should. It's not as bad as it used to be after the fuel pump was replaced by the dealer. So this is exactly what happens. I have the manual gear box, and lets say I'm in sixth gear traveling at say 50 miles an hour and I let off the gas pedal, the car sort of jerks back and when you press it again it jerks forward again. It feels like a car with worn out motor mounts. Then just now on my way home, I heard some noise coming from the drivetrain. When ever I accelerate and let off the gas pedal while in second or third gear.

-Thanks in advance

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bad gas? dirty fuel filter?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bad gas? dirty fuel filter?

I buy my fuel from shell and have since tried different fuel stations, but that wouldn't rule out a dirty fuel filter. But then again, the car only has 12k miles. I forgot to describe the noise I hear from the drivetrain. Whenever you let off the gas pedal in 2nd or 3rd gear, it sounds as if grain of rice going down a plastic tube. That's the beset I can describe it. The only other thing similar to that noise is a bicycle rolling down a hill when not pedalling, but slightly muffled.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good description of the sound but i have no clue what it could be. Mine makes noises like that when creepingslowly but i have dsg

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Good description of the sound but i have no clue what it could be. Mine makes noises like that when creepingslowly but i have dsg

No problem thanks regardless. I don't how to describe the issue to the dealer without sounding crazy. I'm honestly thinking about selling the car. I've had nothing but bad luck with it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts