Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you live in the LA area, have you heard of a mechanic place called "German Auto Repair"? I am getting the clutch fixed on my 2001 Jetta 1.8t so that I can buy the GTi and so they quoted me $710 for parts (clutch and flywheel) and labor, the dealer quoted me $1600! so, have you been to the German Auto Repair or have you heard anything about it??

please help :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
German Auto Repair. Is that in the beautiful city of Garbage Grove. Wait I mean Garden Grove. I have a volkswagen thing "a Type 181" for those that know their VW history. It is now and always has been repaired at a place called German Motor Works, out of the above mentioned city. Although I do remember seeing a sign that I thought said German Auto Repair. Hope this helps. P.S. If this is actually German Motor Works the wonderful german couple will do anything in their power to help and keep you running. ;D ;D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just called German Auto Repair and it's in the 323 area code, don't think it's Garden Grove, more so Inglewood...but there was a little German man who helped me out, very thick accent and I had to laugh when I hung up the phone becuase he was so jolly...haha ;D

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
German auto repair.......been there with a 2000 passat wagon. They are for real. Good work and very fair prices. I probably would not reccommend them for performance upgrades though... I got the feel their mainstay is just general maintenance. In short, I probably won't be taking my fast to them for a while. Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm leaning more towards buying a clutch/flywheel kit online for $350 and having VW install for $650...not too bad especially since it looks good on paper (when im selling the car) that VW worked on the car....GTI SOON ENOUGH!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts