My Fast GTi banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The leather cover that covers the parking brake lever has come loose -- it slides back and forward. Has anyone encountered this, and is there a fix aside from a trip to the dealer?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, this JUST happened to me as well. Just the other day, I went to pull up on it and the leather cover just slip right off. Now it's just kinda sitting there but whenever I use the brake it slides around. I too would like to know the quickest/easiest way to fix this. It's really annoying.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It happened to me today too! DANGIT! I wish i had noticed this thread sooner. RAWR!

I suppose super glue will do the trick, but I think I will wait for someone to suggest what worked best for them...

·
Registered
158 Posts
You don't have to super glue anything, as long as the clasp isn't broken. My car came with the E-brake cover loose, so I had to pop it back on myself.

If you take it off completely, you'll see the clasp part of the cover that I'm talking about. That hooks in to a piece on the e-brake. Basically just slide the cover up a bit and then slam it down onto the e-brake with a bit of force. The clasp will pop back over the edge on the e-brake and secure it. Don't be overzealous and break the thing, but when I did it, I had to give it a pretty good push to get it to click into place.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks -- I used your technique, and the cover snapped back onto the ebrake handle. I will be handling it gingerly from now on ... O0

matrim22 said:
You don't have to super glue anything, as long as the clasp isn't broken. My car came with the E-brake cover loose, so I had to pop it back on myself.

If you take it off completely, you'll see the clasp part of the cover that I'm talking about. That hooks in to a piece on the e-brake. Basically just slide the cover up a bit and then slam it down onto the e-brake with a bit of force. The clasp will pop back over the edge on the e-brake and secure it. Don't be overzealous and break the thing, but when I did it, I had to give it a pretty good push to get it to click into place.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you very much Matrim. I really appreciate it. Im glad i waited to hear from you before gluing the thing down. :-X

1 - 7 of 7 Posts