Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GTI MKV CW 4-door owner in DC/MD. Longtime lurker, first time poster. I'm looking for a set of Denvers or Huffs painted or preferably powder coated black. I've seen em around, but can't find any for sale on eBay, etc. Anyone have any for sale or know of a place I can buy some painted replicas? I live in a city and I've curbed the **** out of the wheels on the passenger side and want a new set when i get new rubber. I've e-mailed a few of the replica manufacturers but no one has gotten back to me. I love the look of black rims on a cw gti, but I think so many aftermarket wheels are really cheesy.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
GTI MKV CW 4-door owner in DC/MD. Longtime lurker, first time poster. I'm looking for a set of Denvers or Huffs painted or preferably powder coated black. I've seen em around, but can't find any for sale on eBay, etc. Anyone have any for sale or know of a place I can buy some painted replicas? I live in a city and I've curbed the **** out of the wheels on the passenger side and want a new set when i get new rubber. I've e-mailed a few of the replica manufacturers but no one has gotten back to me. I love the look of black rims on a cw gti, but I think so many aftermarket wheels are really cheesy.
Just get the rums and paint em yourself? Good days work haha. Or get em powder coated for like 300-400 $$

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Just get the rims and paint em yourself? Good days work haha. Or get em Professionally powder coated for like 300-400 $$

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in a city so I din't really have a place where I can sand down wheels, keep them clean and then make several rounds of paint coats. Plus I haven't been able to find any powder coaters... Any other suggestions?

·
USMC
1,105 Posts
RUDEJR, what's with the double posts?

Also, I don't understand why you wouldn't head to a powder coating shop. I had my factory Rims done for $200!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts