My Fast GTi banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm looking to go with a Chip for my GTI w/dsg. Any recomendations on Revo or APR or others. [help] I Prefer one with less stress on the engine more conservative i guess. Please let me know if you guys have any recomendations on some of the vendors in the area. Costa Mesa is where I live. I work in Rosemead. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Dragon said:
There is no "chip" for the MkV. It's all done through software.

Check this thread out: http://myfastgti.com/vw-gti/vw-gti-powertrain/vw-gti-chippingsoftware-discussion/0/

Your main choices are APR/REVO/GIAC/NEUSPEED.

Most of the software vendors have their own websites that will help you locate a dealer close by you. O0

More conservative- look at the GIAC.
Dragon; After all you have read in the posts, and the mods you have made, which one do you go with if you ahad it to do over? Like you eluded to GIAC does not have the gain, APr may have issues down the road because it runs too lean... What is the overall winner?

·
Registered
22 Posts
More than likely, you can get your car chipped at the show. Normally all of the major brands, APR, GIAC, REVO, etc. are all there and sometimes they even run show specials. Go to H2O's website, and see who's going to be there.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Gunny said:
Dragon said:
There is no "chip" for the MkV. It's all done through software.

Check this thread out: http://myfastgti.com/vw-gti/vw-gti-powertrain/vw-gti-chippingsoftware-discussion/0/

Your main choices are APR/REVO/GIAC/NEUSPEED.

Most of the software vendors have their own websites that will help you locate a dealer close by you. O0

More conservative- look at the GIAC.
Dragon; After all you have read in the posts, and the mods you have made, which one do you go with if you ahad it to do over? Like you eluded to GIAC does not have the gain, APr may have issues down the road because it runs too lean... What is the overall winner?
I haven't heard about the APR running lean. Proper base-lining the engine with vagcom will show you if lean conditions exist.

I'm very happy w/ Revo stage I, but not happy with Revo stage II. (I'd probably have the same issue if I did the APR stage II). I'd consider the APR if I was starting over again.

Over all power and bang for the buck it's Revo.

I don't know anyone running the GIAC on a MkV personally, but I do know of a guy who wasn't happy with the GIAC in an A4... there seemed to be flat-spots on the torque curve.

As far as wear and tear down the road, I've double my maintenance schedule (oil changes every 5K and others as needed...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts