My Fast GTi banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting to ask for brief, well-thought-out reviews of your mods now that you've had them installed for a while. Start from front to back--> intake, chip, turbo, exhaust, suspension etc. Likes, dislikes, joys and regrets, problems and/or successes. Aesthetic notes would be nice too (antennas, turn markers, headlights) I think it'd be cool to post these long term reviews here as opposed to scattered throughout the mods sections. I'm thinking this would be helpful to the new guys looking to mod and might cut down on the circular questions in the mods sections. Thanks.

Here's mine: it's still stock and in the shop awaiting a goddamn A/C compressor.

·
Registered
398 Posts
First purchase should be VAGCOM. I can't tell you the time it saves me from going to the dealer and having them scan it. Not to mention all the data you can access and modify. It's probably the only mod that you could make money with too!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Only mods I have in right now are the Neuspeed P-Flow Intake, Hi-Flow turbo discharge, and Hi-Flow intercooler pipe. Had them in for two months now and driving it every day.

I installed the turbo discharge and intercooler pipe both in the same day. It took some getting used to for me to be able to upshift with the right timing. If you get on the gas too fast, you'll be surprised with a little extra kick in the ass because the turbo spools so much faster. Great on the track, but not comfortable day-to-day.

The P-Flow is great. The DV sound is noticeable, but not obnoxious. I can't feel any extra power from the seat, but my G-Tech feels it. With all three mods in, I've dropped a little over 0.25 sec in the 1/4 mile. 0-60 is about the same story.

·
Registered
530 Posts
So far I have the p-flow intake. Love the sound, slight power improvement. Would look better with a c/f engine cover, but with the hood closed who would know? I like it.
Just had the VW sport springs installed, I really like the way my fast looks, lowered only about 3/4 inch under stock, but makes a huge difference parked next to my friends stock GTI. I haven't had time to really test it as far as handling goes, but does ride slightly stiffer than stock. I will post more after a test run up the Lake Tahoe. ;D :-X [cheers]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts