My Fast GTi banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Very comfortable. I drove to Austin and back, about a 3 hour drive, and I got there feeling refreshed. It's definitely easy to set cruise control at 100 and forget about how fast you're going though, so be careful

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10bv01 said:
Very comfortable. I drove to Austin and back, about a 3 hour drive, and I got there feeling refreshed. It's definitely easy to set cruise control at 100 and forget about how fast you're going though, so be careful
You got cloth or leather?

·
Registered
103 Posts
DuJour said:
How comfortable is the GTI MKV on long drives?
it is very very very comfortable ... i have leather seats in my 07 gti and i took a trip from London Ontario to Quebec City< Quebec witch is 1100KM around there few km up or down ... and standard drive is 9 to 10 hours .. i happen to make it in 8 witch is not recommended with 2 stops ... but i found driving 10 hours in the car ... with 2 stops to stretch your legs since i am a 6'5" guy is good enough

how far do u plan on going

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just did a 700 mile trip (there and back) this weekend. Very comfy. We had to stop to let the dog pee, not for us to stretch. :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
I've got leather. Package 2.

That's another thing I forgot to mention, even at about 100mph, I was getting 25 mpg.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I've driven 3 times back and forth from Clarksville, TN, to New Brunswick, NJ, and the car is nothing short of perfect. The side bolsters keep you seated upright, reducing back and joint fatigue by a great margin. Thanks again V-dub. Oh, btw I have a package 2 car. (for the unaware that means leather and the like.)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'd also have to say that its quite comfortable. My office is 100 miles from my home. So, I spend around 4hrs in my car almost everyday. Quite comfortable. I have cloth.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I took a very long roadtrip after I bought the car and to be totally honest, it was actually not that comfortable. My back was real sore at the end of it. Could have been the seat setting, but likely it was the stiff suspension on our totally pothole ridden springtime roads.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I just did a 4.5 hr trip thru the mountain roads (s good chunk being 1 lane) and I'd say it was comfy...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts