Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I have a 2005 GTI that has an issue unlocking/locking. The remote key I have will not lock or unlock the car, but the car will lock when I put it into gear and drive. The DS door will also unlock when I open the door from the inside, but I have yet to lock it since I can only get in through the trunk if i do lock it.

Does anyone know what could be causing this issue, my first impression was the lock actuator but I do not want to make a $150 purchase and not have it work still. Please let me know if you have any advice!

Regards,

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Remote battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it is not just the remote, I forgot to include this info on my original post but the key will not unlock the DS door manually as well. The key will unlock the trunk manually though..

·
Super Moderator
10,066 Posts
i deleted ur DIY posting

i hate when people dont read notices Before posting ... i posted that notice a while back saying i was tired of deleting posts labeled DIY and asking for help ... make a normal need help thread , DIY means DO IT YOURSELF ... MEANING its a HOW TO Step By Step Instruction Writeup not a needs help writeup .

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
No it is not just the remote, I forgot to include this info on my original post but the key will not unlock the DS door manually as well. The key will unlock the trunk manually though..
This tells me your key for the door isn't the right one or the tumbler is bad. If the keyless isn't opening the door, then you're having an issue with the door lock mechanism. Does the keyless open the passenger door? If not, then either the key needs to be reprogrammed or your whole central convenience system is having issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts