Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today, I went to lock my car...and all I heard was the door lock. No, nice reassuring sound of my horn.

Could anyone tell me the reason for this?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
no ****in idea, mine never worked and i tryd to vagcom it back on. i kinda hope someone knows

·
Registered
13 Posts
funny I was hoping to figure out how to turn off the horn toot...stealth it up a bit. lights flash & red blinky led on driver's door let me know I'm locked up.

·
Registered
629 Posts
funny I was hoping to figure out how to turn off the horn toot...stealth it up a bit. lights flash & red blinky led on driver's door let me know I'm locked up.
Me too! I hate that horn... Let's switch with these guys!

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
My horn will not beep if I lock my doors but one of them is not shut all the way. Make sure all your doors and hatch are shut completely.

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
GTIDUDE, you are correct. Go to convenience and it should be under one of the folders. [party1]

·
Registered
13 Posts
wonder if that setting somehow got changed on OP's ride...assuming all doors & hatch are closed completely. do you still get red blinky led on driver's door indicating alarm is armed? I'm assuming the led will only blink if it's armed someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I'm not actually looking to disable the alarm just the toot it gives when it arms. had a look at convenience settings before but nothing jumped out at me...guess I have to take another look.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Don't recall anything in the convenience settings, but I had mine turned off (just the horn part) with vag-com. Why do I want to announce to my neighbors what time I get home?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
to hell with the neighbours...don't want to wake the wife when I sneak in late :)
Then tell your girlfriend to stop giggling!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
You can vag com it off,i want mine on, my alarm doesn't go off either, and I want that on

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
My horn will not beep if I lock my doors but one of them is not shut all the way. Make sure all your doors and hatch are shut completely.
this is it

the horn will only honk if all doors, hatch and hood are properly closed

go and re-shut all the door and hatch and pop the hood and give it a nice little slam

·
Registered
385 Posts
Anti-Theft Alarm (ATA) settings

this is it

the horn will only honk if all doors, hatch and hood are properly closed

go and re-shut all the door and hatch and pop the hood and give it a nice little slam
x2
If you do have all the doors and hatch closed properly, it may be sign of a failing lock mechanism.[help]

The blinking LED and the audible alert (when activated) are confirmation the car is properly locked and the alarm is armed.

Anyone with a full MFD has simple control of the Alarm Arming audible announcements.
The menu setting is Anti-Theft Alarm Confirm

If you do not have a full MFD, then VAG-COM is the other option.
In the same place you will find control of the light flashes if you really want stealth arming.

Comfort System Central Control Module J393 -

Byte 10

Byte 11

·
Registered
161 Posts
My car did that the other day. My hood wasn't shut correctly. Like the others said check ur ata menu n check all doors, hatch, n hood.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
ive already gone threw all my doors and hatch, and hood, still a no go, vag doesnt do it for me either... looks like im getting a piggy squeel alarm

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Anti-Theft Alarm (ATA) settings

Anyone with a full MFD has simple control of the Alarm Arming audible announcements.
The menu setting is Anti-Theft Alarm Confirm
sweet...thx for the tip dataton!
that irritating toot gets silenced tonight!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts