Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm soon enough getting a personal liscense plate for my car... any ideass????
hint- its a 07 red gti..... i was thinking sumthing with fast in it .... maybe MYFSTT, or MYFAST, or sumthing

·
Registered
81 Posts
The 606 GPG plate has 2 holes on top and 2 on the bottom, i just aligned both plates together and drilled 2 holes on MY FAST plate to match with the 2 holes on the 606 plate then screwed them both in the same hole.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Okay. I think I'm going to get one now that I see yours. I think I'm going to put MKV GTI. If anyone has any better suggestions let me know please.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Thanks. I'll probably order it this week at some point. I gotta calculate my cash flow. How long did it take to get here?

This is the one I'm going to get:

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
6 weeks?! geez... that's a long time. I guess I'd better order it soon. I'd be out of school by the time it gets here. I'm in Texas, where are you?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Im in Vancouver Can.

Yours will get there a lot sooner they are from Seattle and you dont have to worry about border crossing and customs.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I think so. I read somewhere (it might of been in this forum) that you can put your state then the license plate numbers. For example: TX 433VR3. Or something like that.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Naturally, this question has a different answer depending on your state. California vehicle code has a couple caveats that would prevent this. 1) If you are issued two plates, both must be installed on the vehicle. 2) License plate size must be 12" X 6" with restrictions on letter size and spacing.

Good luck to the creative residents of the other 49, though.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts