Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Lint on velour seats.....

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  GTI MKV 
#1 ·
Lint and velour is such a pain in the butt. There are all kinds of products and gizmos out there. But you know the absolute best way to remove it.....your hands! get your hands a little wet and wipe away...works better than anything out there. Try it! you'll see. ;)

#5 ·
clavos said:
Um.... I've never owned anything with velour seats. In fact, I've never owned anything velour........but I'll definately keep this thread in mind just in case. :D
I spent all day saturday cleaning my girls 99 golf. We have two dogs a yellow lab and an amstaff. One has long soft hair the other has hard bristly hair, so we had the best of both types. Her car is the dog car (you didn't think I'd let dogs in my car did ya) and she's taken a few road trips with them. Needless to say it was a disaster, I listened to 80 songs on my Ipod before I finished cleaning the whole car.....long story short, I know this method works!

#7 ·
clavos said:
Have you tried one of those rubber brushes? I don't know what they are called, but the variety that you see on late night info-mercials on that have the short bristles on one side, and the squeegee on the other. The work fantastically on dog hair.
Yeah....my mom has one. She's a sucker for late night infomercials. They do work pretty well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.