1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
396 Posts
Alone there not really worth the money. There is also a lot of debate of whether there good or bad for the car.

the crank pulley bolts are a bitch to remove too.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I read some have trouble with the under drive pulleys. You will lose all benefits of having a harmonic balancer by removing the oem pulley as well. I have Agency Powers pulley because it has the oem diameter so no under drive issues. You won't feel any difference in power with this or any minor hp-gain mods. I call these Sum-mods because when you add/sum all of the minor mods together they add up, but alone, no.

http://www.agency-power.com/catalog...ght-crank-pulley-volkswagen-tfsi-p-59613.html

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
I read some have trouble with the under drive pulleys. You will lose all benefits of having a harmonic balancer by removing the oem pulley as well. I have Agency Powers pulley because it has the oem diameter so no under drive issues. You won't feel any difference in power with this or any minor hp-gain mods. I call these Sum-mods because when you add/sum all of the minor mods together they add up, but alone, no.

http://www.agency-power.com/catalog...ght-crank-pulley-volkswagen-tfsi-p-59613.html
I agree. This is the type of mod you do after you've done all the biggies and you're just trying to squeeze out every last bit of power. On the stock k03, it's not really worth it, because all the sum-mods :) will soon add up to a k04, so you might as well go there, unless you have some particular reason why you'd want to keep the k03.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
True^If you truly plan to get everything yes, get bits and pieces when you can. But if looking to get more power cheaply by adding a few minor gain mods, you just won't be happy with the results. Best to save for the big power components then add all the extras afterward. One could add any number of minor mods and not feel a thing and you're left wishing you had put all that cash toward serious power that comes from remaps, fueling, and turbos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts