Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know once u put lowering springs in how long u shocks and lowering springs would last doing regular driving. I heard the normal life span was 2 years. I was planing on installing some H&R springs with a 1.6" drop in my 4 door GTi.

·
Registered
285 Posts
some say 1 year others say a little shorter compared to stop set up......no one really knows....but im pretty sure it kicks the life of the shock a bit since it doesnot let the shock extend all the way properly due to the drop......

·
Registered
220 Posts
i thnik if you use a spring kit that wont lower you more than 2 inches you should be ok. i say this because the euro spec GTI has lower springs but the same shocks and i cant imagine they would expect their suspension to last a year

·
Registered
41 Posts
so are there vw performance springs then that give us the same ride only an inch or so lower?.... i owuld like to lower my gti but i dont want to bounce like a honda civic down the freeway.... the stock ride is sweet, crisp and sporty, if i can get this but at a nice looking stance then i'm set.... so is it a vw part i can buy ???????? Dale

·
Registered
193 Posts
b said:
so are there vw performance springs then that give us the same ride only an inch or so lower?.... i owuld like to lower my gti but i dont want to bounce like a honda civic down the freeway.... the stock ride is sweet, crisp and sporty, if i can get this but at a nice looking stance then i'm set.... so is it a vw part i can buy ???????? Dale
if you have an 06 gti there are a couple kits that the dealer sells with wv part numbers that will not void ur drivetrain warranty.......... the 07 parts are yet to become available

one set is made by h&r for vw and the other is a bilstien kit 1k+

or if you dont care about the warranty oempl.us has some oem euro springs and bump stops that are prob what u are looking for

1 - 5 of 5 Posts