Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, this is my first post here and was wondering: what would you guys would prefer?

2006 GTI 2.0 with Leather Seats and Manual Transmission
OR
2007 GTI 2.0 with Regular Cloth Seats and DSG Transmission

I'm diggin both but don't know which one to choose.
oh and they're both Black
thanx.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
I prefer the leather, and most of all the manual trans. But it's really up to you - you have to drive the car. I personally have cloth/manual. Welcome to the site.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Manual FTW..!! Im not a fan of leather, but I have to have my stick shift..!

·
Registered
5 Posts
heyman, i am new to the site. and I have a 2005 VW GTI 1.8T with 22K miles with leather. I never drove the car, just around town. I recently wanted to trade it in for something else and test drove the EOS lux with a turbo I believe and the eos was automatic. From my own experience, you will love the manual. It is a ton more fun to drive. However, If i had to buy the car again, i would get cloth interior. The leather I have is gray and get dirty and i have to do leather treatments every couple of months as well u need window tints. that is a must to preserve the leather. the leather is also kinda hard. the leather isnt like the softer leather you would find in a toyota camery or dodge charger. which i prefer. But i have heated leather seats and that is awesome. so it is a give and take. but if I had to do it again. i would get cloth. leather is kool, but i could with out.

~paul~

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey everyone, this is my first post here and was wondering: what would you guys would prefer?

2006 GTI 2.0 with Leather Seats and Manual Transmission
OR
2007 GTI 2.0 with Regular Cloth Seats and DSG Transmission

I'm diggin both but don't know which one to choose.
oh and they're both Black
thanx.
GO MANUAL OR GO HOME! seriously its just my opinion.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The GTI clutch on the manual transmition is like butter. It is so easy to deal with and use daily. I have an 05 with a manual trans and I can wait in Los Angeles traffic for 4 hours and my leg doesnt hurt or get tired. Go with the manual trans.

And the leather vs cloth seats thing, leather is really nice and easy to clean. Cons are that the seats are always the opposite of which you want them. A hot summer day you get into your car and they are 180 degrees, cold winter mornings when it is cold as F they are cold as F also. My cloth seat I have are never hot or cold for that matter, but if I spill on them its a pain to clean.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Cloth and DSG. Cloth because leather is cold in winter and hot and sticky in summer. Besides, the tartan is sort of traditional in GTI's. DSG 'cause you get the best of both worlds. It can shift faster than you can and I really like the paddles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts