Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

leather interior problems?

5K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  07GTIMYFAST 
#1 ·
I have been searching for any threads with people having this problem but have come up empty.

for those out there with leather interior have yall had any problems with the leather on the rear seats coming out of it's place on the back of the seat at the top?

I had my car for like a month the FIRST time it happened!! when i folded the seats down and put boxes (not heavy) in there it came out, looks like sh@t.
took it to the dealer and they "fixed" it. they tucked it back in and it has done the same thing two more times since then:mad: really pisses me off.

#8 ·
well it looks like i'm alone on this one, I think it is just a fluke, but I'm going to tell the dealership to give me a completely new backseat since they cant seem to fix it.

I mean come on what kind of organization tells you they fixed something, then you drive 2 minutes up the road and get out at school, open the hatch an one side is fixed????? then 2 days later the side they "fixed" came back out? but anyway thanks for the input everyone.

#10 ·
talkin bout folding the seats down....wish they did a 50/50 split

#14 ·
anyhow so my car got nailed in the parking lot at school,

VW body shop had it for a month, I talked to the manager of service dude because I was tired of this bs fixing issue.

they fixed it while it was at the body shop and did it rite this time. No problems for 3 months.

finally after 4 times I relized you just have to be really pissed off and talk to the manager :)

#18 ·
the main difference is even though the parts are the same, it comes down to craftsmanship. my GTI was made in germany, my mother had a beetle made in mexico. the intereior in the beetle was not assembled to the level of detail that most VW drivers would expect. things like when the seats flip down for added storage are you looking at exposed cushioning now? or is there a more durable material there to maintain a consistent look inside. dumb **** like that. sounds to me like somebody cut a corner to save time.

#19 ·
I have been searching for any threads with people having this problem but have come up empty.

for those out there with leather interior have yall had any problems with the leather on the rear seats coming out of it's place on the back of the seat at the top?
I have leather but havent seen that issue. I'll check it out and let you know but my rear seats dont get much use. Good information to know.

#20 ·
just something to consider. i know vw changes things from year to year to keep the cost of the car down. i'm on my 3rd GTI. i've had a 2001 VR6, a 2006 MK V, and now I'm in a 2008 MK V. For example, the 2006 had these little washer nozzels built into the bumper that would pop out and clean the headlights. they are now gone on the newer models. Why? Cost...

If the car is still under warranty keep taking it back till they get it right. if they don't, a negative review to Volkwagen of America will set them straight.

#21 ·
anyhow so my car got nailed in the parking lot at school,

VW body shop had it for a month, I talked to the manager of service dude because I was tired of this bs fixing issue.

they fixed it while it was at the body shop and did it rite this time. No problems for 3 months.

finally after 4 times I relized you just have to be really pissed off and talk to the manager :)
Thanks Guys this is how it turned out for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.