My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does everyone here feel about lambo doors like the one in my avatar? I think that they are sweet on the MKV but on most other cars that I see them mostly on (300C, civic, Escalades, etc) I think they are tacky and gaudy sometimes. What do you guys think?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
gtigolfer said:
How does everyone here feel about lambo doors like the one in my avatar? I think that they are sweet on the MKV but on most other cars that I see them mostly on (300C, Escalades, etc) I think they are tacky and gaudy sometimes. What do you guys think?
I think they look great!!
on a Lamborghini that is.

Good luck if you park in a garage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
If you have money to spend, I think they are cool. I would rather have perf mods personally though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dragon said:
gtigolfer said:
How does everyone here feel about lambo doors like the one in my avatar? I think that they are sweet on the MKV but on most other cars that I see them mostly on (300C, Escalades, etc) I think they are tacky and gaudy sometimes. What do you guys think?
I think they look great!!
on a Lamborghini that is.

Good luck if you park in a garage.
lambo doors can look good on a car besides lamborghini... and in a garage they actually do open outward like a regular door too so no problem for garage parkers there ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
I was going to complain about them, because aesthetically they seem very off on this size/type of vehicle. But in actuality, they'd be useful to me, since I have to park on the street and the curb is about the same height as the bottom of the door. I've heard the HORRIBLE sound of metal on concrete twice now. I've started parking further and further away from the curb.
Upswing doors would eliminate that problem, while making a little hot hatch look tacky and gaudy.

not mine:


hilariously terrible:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
scothand said:
I was going to complain about them, because aesthetically they seem very off on this size/type of vehicle. But in actuality, they'd be useful to me, since I have to park on the street and the curb is about the same height as the bottom of the door. I've heard the HORRIBLE sound of metal on concrete twice now. I've started parking further and further away from the curb.
Upswing doors would eliminate that problem, while making a little hot hatch look tacky and gaudy.

not mine:


hilariously terrible:
SO glad you posted that pic.. i really wanted to see what a white MKV looked like with them.. nice post
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Dragon said:
One of my Dad's friends used to race one of these babies:

That is an amazing car, one of my favourites - way ahead of its time. $1mm - wow. How much will my candy white mkv be worth when I am 90?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160135007203

its a 1993 but they want more than 25k for it lol for a lincoln......

look at the pic of the trunk..the mafia have no more room for their "garbage" anymore

quote from the ebay page...
In addition, I have recently been contacted by an engineer who worked on this car. He noted that this car had at least $250,000 spent (in 1995) on the development of the drop door mechanism. In today's dollars, that is approx. $500,000. This is truly an engineering marvel.

so is he hoping to get that much lol
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top