Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i need ur opinions...
i am thinking about converting my gti's doors, to lambo doors

1) do u think it would be cool, especially with the problem that i have a 5-door gti, that
means the doors are shorter, would it look nice ???

2)how much do u know it costs fot 2 doors ???

what's your advice?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: LAMBO doors fot GTI

Please don't do that. Trade your GTI for a honda civic, then you can do that. if you need to know why you shouldn't do that I recommend going to this website: Laugh at Rice

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

LSD Lambo Doors
...well considering a lambo isnt a ricer getting lambo doors is not exactly ricing up yer car. my opinion for the cost they will be its not worth it. it said like 1,600 something bucks on that site i posted above. also they only have it for the 2 door. maybe if you contact them though and tell them you only want it for 2 doors it will be fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts

You're right. Owning a Lamborghini and having gull wing doors is not Rice. Owning a Civic and having Gull Wing doors, however, is Rice. Owning a VW with gull wing doors is also Rice, but with an odd German aftertaste. To make my point: there is a beautiful new Civic SI for sale in Newark New Jersey with "Lambo" doors. ::)

·
Registered
68 Posts

well if im not mistaken but in anoter topic on this foums it was mentions that even though Lambo. is an Italian car complany dont they still work with VW?

·
Registered
346 Posts

While I can see the utility of the lambo doors since the stock doors are stupid long and difficult to work in tight parking lots, I think lambo doors are for lambos, gull wings are for gull wings, suicide doors are for lincolns, and the rest get doors. Your intentions may be good, and I certainly applaud you for wanting to better your GTI, but I gotta level with you - when they look at your car, most people are going to see an understated, beautiful german design that was tweaked too hard.

As an aside, if you go that route and spend that kind of dough on doors, people (including me) will expect you to have the engine to back it up.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

GTIjuggalo said:
well if im not mistaken but in anoter topic on this foums it was mentions that even though Lambo. is an Italian car complany dont they still work with VW?
They are owned by Audi, which is owned by VW, of which Porsche is a major stakeholder.

·
Registered
99 Posts

TycoGTI said:
Please don't do that. Trade your GTI for a honda civic, then you can do that. if you need to know why you shouldn't do that I recommend going to this website: Laugh at Rice
What a great site!!!
I can go to Santa Ana, CA with a camera a probably post 1,000,000 pics on the first day. LOL

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

i have no problems changing the doors. just no gigantic wings PLEASE!... or neon glow under the car... too much too much... the only neon glow i would get is when its in the engine and shines out the grille >:D i like how that looks. makes yer car look like the engine is alive hah... i doubt i would spend the money though for something like that... but it would look nice.

·
Registered
857 Posts

Bboy AJ said:
Definitely get Lamborghini Gallardo doors...
Yeah, what was Audi thinking putting "normal" doors on a LAMBORGHINI, the reason lambo's are so great is because they're so insane. I wouldn't ever buy a Gallardo JUST for the fact that it doesn't have lambo doors they do seem to be pretty popular though. when im a billionaire, and mark my words i will be, im buying myself the LP640 roadster, that is all that is car, im in love with it

·
Premium Member
294 Posts

GTIjuggalo said:
I drove a Gallardo last Friday the 22nd, and everything in it either looked like my 2001 A6, or my 2002 GTi... kinda strange. Everything on the inside is totally worth $20k, the motor however is the jewel of the package!

(Terrible stability system though... almost un-drivable)

Sorry, we now return to our regularly scheduled thread...

·
Premium Member
294 Posts

TycoGTI said:
Bboy AJ said:
Definitely get Lamborghini Gallardo doors...
hahaha
I'm liking this one too! Not sure if everyone get's it or not.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm having a hard time believing that anyone would get Lambo-style doors on their GTI because it's more practical in tight parking lots. I can see the merit of the argument when trying to convince your wife it's a worthwhile investment, but seriously; I consider it far more PRACTICAL to save the $1600+ and simply be careful when opening my door next to a Civic at Best Buy. Several people, though, have commented on how great, neat, sick, badass it looks. If that's your bag, go for it. For my money, I'll have to pass on the Lambo-style and keep my GTI-style doors. Put that extra money into my GTI-suspension, GTI intake, GTI motor, and GTI exhaust.

·
Registered
573 Posts
For North America, I agree. For Europe, I can see their point. Not that I could justify the $1600. Too many other places I'd spend it first.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh my goodnes don't do lambo doors on a GTI it would look hideous and wreck a perfectly good car, not to mention you could be spending that money on intake, exhaust, stereo........useful stuff.......just my opinion do what u want :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts