Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. I finally installed the sport springs that I bought from the VW dealership back in June. ... I know, it's been a LONG time..

I only have one complaint... the back looks stock.. Like it didn't lower at all. :( I'm hoping the springs are still "settling in" and that they'll be in good shape in a week or so. The front looks awesome. Perfect amount lowered. I wanna say it lowered it about an inch or a bit more, looks fantastic in my opinion.

Once again these are Eibach springs from the dealer aka "Sport Springs"..

I'll have pictures soon!

·
Registered
842 Posts
What was your cost all in?
Any problems with curbs?
Any notice in ride quality?

Sometimes I look at mine and think, ya drop it down a bit. But then there are other times that I think it looks just fine. Before and after pics would be awesome O0

·
Registered
473 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:
Hey guys.. I finally installed the sport springs that I bought from the VW dealership back in June. ... I know, it's been a LONG time..

I only have one complaint... the back looks stock.. Like it didn't lower at all. :( I'm hoping the springs are still "settling in" and that they'll be in good shape in a week or so. The front looks awesome. Perfect amount lowered. I wanna say it lowered it about an inch or a bit more, looks fantastic in my opinion.

Once again these are Eibach springs from the dealer aka "Sport Springs"..

I'll have pictures soon!
Hey Kryptonkid I ordered Eibach springs but from ABD not thru the dealer a couple months ago. I'd be VERY interested in seeing how yours looks once it settles. I did a coilover conversion on my Integra before so I know the process but how difficult was it to remove and reinstall on your FAST? Im still waiting on my springs to show up then change out probably in Spring 2008 when it warms up.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was there when my friend was installing it... My little VW dub was surrounded my it's more refined German brothers... He works for a BMW.

He did me a big favor working on it on a Saturday and after hours. It took him a LONG time for the first right spring cause he had to take about the whole strut tower which he wasn't planning on doing. It took him maybe 2 hours total to do the next three.. so four hours later he was done. :)

uncle dude said:
What was your cost all in?
Any problems with curbs?
Any notice in ride quality?

Sometimes I look at mine and think, ya drop it down a bit. But then there are other times that I think it looks just fine. Before and after pics would be awesome O0
Springs were 250 from the dealer...
Installation was... 100 bucks. :) I paid my friend an extra 50 cause i was only planning on paying him 50.. but he had sooo much trouble. I made him miss a football game and he was getting chewed out by his wife for getting home so late. So, I figured an extra 50 would buy some beers and make up for the football game.

I've only had them in for about 24 hours... so, so far no problems with curbs... ride quality is SPECTACULAR.. it feels like I don't have tires and I'm gliding. It handles like crazy! I took a double S curve road at almost 75mph that had a sign for 30... it was exhilarating and not once did I feel like my car couldn't handle it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
250 plus a hundo is a great deal. My dealer ofcourse has the same springs and install is about 750 out the door, with installation re ailgnment and all the goodies. At the VW shop i go to they did my H&R coil overs and Koni Springs for a little over a G. I figured money better spent on the total package.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Sorry... it's not a good pic...

Just so you know.. .the back didn't "settle" I'm mad... the back looks completely stock. I'm going to have to save up to get some more springs later... or the whole set up.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That does suck that the back didn't settle since it seems like wasted money. Although, you could swing it that your front end is significantly lower than the back, giving you all that much more aggressive looking stance! Keep us updated.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
uncle dude said:
BUMP

Come on man! This is the only thing I am considering doing to my car, aside from my $20 badge. I would really appreciate some before and after pictures.
I'm really sorry UD... I just haven't gotten around to it. I took some quick pics today after washing the car.

Here's Before and After. You can't really tell the difference. :( The front is just right for me, but the back still looks stock.

Front:

Back:

·
Registered
842 Posts
You are disappointed, I can tell. Well to cheer you up, I just went out to the garage and I can get 4 fingers stacked comfortably under both the front and back. So, the back did drop on your ride. You can see the difference on your car, how is the ride?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ride is excellent. A little "bouncier" than stock. I kinda like it though. Handling has improved. I can take corners harder and faster. Can't wait to put in that rear sway bar though!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey, I think your ride looks great and with the front lower it has a raked look.... almost like its moving even standing still. The pics really show off how nice red stands out. Besides how low do you wanna go?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey, I think your ride looks great and with the front lower it has a raked look.... almost like its moving even standing still. The pics really show off how nice red stands out. Besides how low do you wanna go?
If you're talking about the first picture... my car is moving. :D

And I know.. .I don't wanna go too low, but I'm hanging around the show car crowd and it gets tempting to lower it more.

Maybe I'll redo the suspension at some point, but I'll leave that 'til later. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.